Thread: Who can sandblast a tool box?

Who can sandblast a tool box?

I have an aluminum tool box for my truck that I am going to coat with bed liner. Before I do I want to get it sand blasted. Does anyone have the capability to do this?

Chris

I do but I hate doing it...what you looking to spend getting it blasted? Keep in mind blasting on aluminum like that could possibly warp it if using standard silica sand..

Would it be better to hand sand it? I have a little power sander I could use on it. Was just trying to get even coverage. Or some other chemical?

I would sand it with a DA (6in dual action sander) with 80 grit or 180 and hand sand all the tight areas and grooves...maybe even throw down a coat of etch primer before the bedliner...but that's not totally necessary

I was planning on using self etching primer before I coated it. There really isnt any corrosion areas. I just wanted to make sure it was as clean as possible. I don't have a DA sander but I do have a little B&D Mouse sander. Think something like that would work or should I stick to the DA?