Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lsx coil packs on a BBC?

Moderator (Night Patrol) Domestic Disturbance's Avatar
    Yup, and I plan on staying carbed. So if I ran a crank trigger setup, I would still need the ls computer to run the coil packs right? Then how would I link those 2 items? All of this ignition stuff is a new ballpark for me.

Also, would I be able to lock out my timing for when I started the engine. I believe Scott mentioned that a high CR setup like mine would benefit from locking the distributor.
    Last edited by Domestic Disturbance; 03-27-2012 at 04:07 PM.

locking it makes it harder to start, but on a engine like yours there is really no need to run a ignition curve on it. You will be amazed at the throttle response thats for sure. Im not familiar with what timing computers are available to run COP but Im sure there is something out there that use a signal from a crank trigger "which is the same signal as the pickup in the dist" to fire coil packs. you will still need a fake dist to run the oil pump. I would doubt if you would notice any power gain of a COP setup over a good MSD box/distributor. but the COP would look cooler I give ya that, just more complicated with no other advantage IMO