Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: i AM putting an sn95 dash in a 67 mustang

i know it, but that is the way it goes. i either have the time or the money i never have both at the same time. at least im picking up the parts tho usually it all gets spent on usless stuff.
    "just like high school but our cars are faster now...except for me, I'm pretty sure the cavi would waste the yukon"

Well I finally started working on this today. I got the interior gutted and vacuumed out, and received some bad news. It looks like the whole passenger side floor pan needs replaced, not just the front like I originally thought. I also need a new seat base For the passenger side. It kinda blows but the good news is for the premium replacement parts. It's only 150 shipped to my door and only 100 for the standard parts. But I have delt with "standard parts" before and I would rather pay the extra money. Also, my drag radials fit perfect ... Like wow! I'm a fan. I'll post pics later
    "just like high school but our cars are faster now...except for me, I'm pretty sure the cavi would waste the yukon"

Yeah, saw the pic of the wheels and tires on. Looks great. Sorry didn't respond earlier. Got busy gettin that paper.

after a considerable amount of cutting on the dash i finally got it to fit in there.
    here are some pictures
    IMG_1180.jpgIMG_1181.jpgIMG_1182.jpgIMG_1183.jpgIMG_1184.jpgIMG_1185.jpgIMG_1186.jpgIMG_1187.jpg
    as you can see in these pics the console doesnt even come close to fitting i had to do a little trimming to the pan underneath it and i got it to drop a little bit now to just tilt the bottom of the dash out and everything will line up!
    IMG_1188.jpgIMG_1189.jpgIMG_1190.jpgIMG_1191.jpg
    also i got my floorpans in. and more bad news and money to spend. the dash just so happens to be gigantic compared to the original an it looks like a power window conversion will be in the works

i think what is going to end up happening since i had to cut everything down so much is ill get it all where it needs to be and then mark it, pull the plastic/rubber part off the frame and then just weld the frame in and bolt everything back to the frame. it would make it much easier to run all the wires and hide shit and whatnot too.

honestly the hardest part has been dealing with the asymmetry of the dash. i was amazed at how off-center everything in an sn95 is. the 67 is almost perfectly symmetrical and the newer one is off nearly 2.5 inches. crazy

Duck tape. Done.

i do have a roll of chrome and a roll of black duck tape... shit's custom

looks pretty sweet, cant wait to see it done

i put this on mustang forums ... i already found their resident e-thug, he started blasting me like it was his job and then i pissed him off on 4 different threads

Links! I can always use a laugh.