Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: i AM putting an sn95 dash in a 67 mustang

i AM putting an sn95 dash in a 67 mustang

the only reason i yell the am is because everything i have read on this says it cant be done or it shouldnt be done.
    I disagree.
    its true that the 67 has a beautiful dash, but the problem is if i spend the 1500 to restore my interior it will only look exactly like every light blue 67 mustang ever built. all 125thousand of them. on top of this i want to be able to use the car every day, and the 67 not only has no interior storage, but since i swapped in a 90s 5.0 none of my gauges but the fuel, and tach work. thats annoying. and to buy all new aftermarket ones and make them look good in my dash just doesnt work as well as most people would like to think it does.
    so what to do?
    im going to put my favorite mustang interior into my favorite mustang.
    say what you want about cutting up and/or desecrating a piece of americana. but its a bare bones inline six car with the only options being a push-button am radio and a remote mirror. besides, its long past being an accurate restoration.

i have added this to my colossal list of things to do to the mustang by this summer.
    i will be taking lots of pictures as i go along, and documenting all my triumphs and tribulations. i will also be posting an abbreviated version of it on my ds build thread. im excited and terrified about doing this. it shouldnt be too terrible as the width is already perfect and the front curve is nearly perfect.
    the biggest obstacle for me will be building the wiring harness for the gauge pod.
    the rest is just getting rid of the old dash and making the new one fit.

ill have the first pictures by the end of the week.
    "just like high school but our cars are faster now...except for me, I'm pretty sure the cavi would waste the yukon"

I say do it! Its your car, not someone elses. I'm sure it will look sweet! Plans for the door panels?

I like it. Anxious to see it come together!
    Casey
    '03 Mustang

2010 IAF Manual shootout CHAMP!
    2011 IAF/DS Rob Palmer Shootout Quickest Overall Competitor! (Just Barely..)

thanks, i am planning on just using stock repro door panels
    "just like high school but our cars are faster now...except for me, I'm pretty sure the cavi would waste the yukon"

i was wondering about the emphasis on "am" was for until i read the thread. i say go for it. i'm the guy putting a 4G63 and T56 into a beat up Ram50; i like different. some people might say it can't be done, or shouldnt be done, or isnt worth the trouble. i say if you want to do it, go for it. run your shit up the flag pole and see who salutes it.

Sounds pretty cool! I've always liked the modern interiors in classic cars

cool post up picts when you start working on it!

I saw an SN95 dash in a Fox Chassis car and was psyched so this should prove to be a winner as well!

ps ignore the mess the garage is currently a storage unit for everything that goes in the basement