View Poll Results: More IAF moderation needed?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave it as it is now with little interferance

9 45.00%
  • A little more moderation is needed

10 50.00%
  • A lot more moderation is needed

0 0%
  • I don't trust your moderation staff anyway

2 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IAF Moderation

The tough thing about the "say whatever you want" moderation style on a forum like this is that we're all from the same area, so actual physical encounters are entirely possible. That's not to say that the staff here has an obligation to prevent real-life physical altercations - because they don't - but it's one thing that's always a consideration.

Back in the day, I can say I had people actually come to my work to ask me to delete posts and one person actually threatened me if I wouldn't delete some stuff that was said about him (at the time, he wasn't a member but heard about a topic that was making fun of him). Now anybody who knows me... I'm a nice guy so the threat wasn't a big deal as I was happy to remove the topic for him, but it could have been nasty if I wasn't.

Not saying there ought to be stricter moderation or anything like that - just saying the stakes are a little higher here than in your typical forums.

who was it
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

Quote Originally Posted by ZacFields View Post
    The tough thing about the "say whatever you want" moderation style on a forum like this is that we're all from the same area, so actual physical encounters are entirely possible. That's not to say that the staff here has an obligation to prevent real-life physical altercations - because they don't - but it's one thing that's always a consideration.

Back in the day, I can say I had people actually come to my work to ask me to delete posts and one person actually threatened me if I wouldn't delete some stuff that was said about him (at the time, he wasn't a member but heard about a topic that was making fun of him). Now anybody who knows me... I'm a nice guy so the threat wasn't a big deal as I was happy to remove the topic for him, but it could have been nasty if I wasn't.

Not saying there ought to be stricter moderation or anything like that - just saying the stakes are a little higher here than in your typical forums.
    I see what you're saying, and I somewhat agree....but on the other hand, someone threatening or bullying a mod should not get a post deleted. If you give in once, people will walk all over you. Stand your ground; if they want something deleted, they should go after the original author, or if they threaten to sue (which they will have zero grounds to do so they are just threatening something they know nothing about) just tell them to get bent. Short of someone verbally abusing someone else or threatening to "come find them" I'm not a big fan of censorship. If someone wants to go off on me and say things that are untrue, be my guest. It's the internet. It's there for people to run their mouths without any real balls behind what they say most of the time. I find it more humorous than anything.
    Prowler Orange 2000 Civic SI

2000 Audi S4, imola yellow, Stage3, evoms intake, borla 3in cat-back, apr dp's, APR turbo kit, stg3 clutchmaster, fidanza flywheel, apr snub mount, awe tuning trans-stabilizer, pioneer headunit, boston speakers, viper alarm, OZ 18's, BFG KDW2's, APR Bi-pipe.....because we all have as much ownership of this car as Derek does.