View Poll Results: More IAF moderation needed?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave it as it is now with little interferance

9 45.00%
  • A little more moderation is needed

10 50.00%
  • A lot more moderation is needed

0 0%
  • I don't trust your moderation staff anyway

2 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IAF Moderation

IAF Moderation

There has been some complaints about negativity, fighting, attacking etc recently.

In the past, we have voted to have virtually no interference or moderation.

I am curious as to your opinions again. We have a large moderator staff. If needed, the moderator staff can be more active.

I have decided to tone it down myself as I have been in some arguments lately and perhaps people take my comments as an Admin more personal.
    Last edited by AutoMods; 01-26-2012 at 03:31 PM.
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

I haven't really seen anything to someone's panties all bunched up. It's the internet and people ought to expect to get some crap if they deserve it. It's not like this is a car specific forum. It's a local forum of people that know each other.

I think we have enough mods. Don't need any more. Just need to have those people be more strict IF that's what people want.

I personally think that as far as the crap that S&S is talking about has some validity to it, but at the same time, I'm no so thin skinned I'm going to lose sleep about it if it was me. As far as the Bohren's, I think everyone on the forum with the exception of the obvious friends of them feels the same way and finally someone (YOU) gave them back their own shit. What I find funny is the fact that when the tables turned, they cried and ran off.

Ponies trot...Birds fly
    I am a true connoisseur of large posteriors and I have a disposition that makes me unable to tell inaccurate things

people will be bitching either way. As much as i HATE to say it, i have to agree with certain people that this forum is going to shit and has been for a while. I think there are a handful of people to blame, most of whhom are "gone" now.

There is a happy medium with moderation, just takes time to find it. We went from being "overly moderated" to virtually "unmoderated". On top of that a mod or two had hand in most of the issues which maks the site look bad. in my opinion, moderation seems to be selective based on who posts it. I also think if you close a thread, you should just delete it, i dont see any point in leaving that BS around for new people to see.

Just looking at the poll I can see what people want. Sometimes it's a matter of how it's perceived by others in regards to posts being funny, rude or just to far. I think personal attacks on anyone or anyone's family is too far. Slam a dudes car, fine. Say his brothers a jerk, and well if it was me I'd be pissed.

On top of that a mod or two had hand in most of the issues which maks the site look bad. in my opinion, moderation seems to be selective based on who posts it
    Kieth, your quite worked up, mostly over stuff that didn't even happen recently.

fifdy was made a moderator to help with street heat section, saves me time and he is out messing around on the street more and knows the people. other than accidently locking a couple threads temporarily, he hasn't even used any 'moderator' privileges as far as banning, editing, deleting, moving posts.

we don't get together and say hey lets edit so and so's posts. or team up and bash someone. there is very little discussion in the moderator section. last time I talked to tyler in person was at the shootout last year.

does it look bad when he as a moderator gets after someone??? perhaps it does. i figured most people here know him and he would post the same stuff moderator or not.
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

keith. in summary, I deleted some of your posts because I just thought it was inappropriate . Not because fifdy told me to or because he is a moderator. if anything, fifdy and i have been going at each other lately

like i said i've, also deleted some stuff in your favor, said about you in the past. goes both ways, i try not to be bias

i wasn't complaining about my stuff getting deleted, i was just being a dick because i was bored for the most part. The main point i was trying to make is that when a moderator acts the way he does, it makes the forum look bad. He took it upon himself to try and drive away anyone he didnt think was "worthy" of being on here. He constantly said negative things about the forum and just overall acted like he owned the place.

I am a mod on a few other forums and i know it's a pain in the ass sometimes. As far as it not happening recently, i would say a couple/few days is fairly recent. May be it is just me but when someone constantly makes personal attacks on me, i dont tend to forget about it overnight. It doesn't ruin my day by any means but i dont forget it...

"I before E" crap doesn't go for my name, by the way. Keith

just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by sLoWnStEaDy View Post
    "I before E" crap doesn't go for my name, by the way. Keith

just sayin
    quiet kieth

1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
    1994 Eagle Talon ES
    2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    2001 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R

Quote Originally Posted by Drifte View Post
    Say his brothers a jerk, and well if it was me I'd be pissed.

Your brother is a jerk...
    Im not driving fast, Im flying low.

1995 Mazda Miata - Autocross Warrior
    2000 Subaru 2.5RS - Custom turbo @ 6psi
    1997 S10 - work horse

2005 Z51 Corvette 508whp NA - sold :'( "this one still hurts"
    2007 WRX - 13.2 @ 102mph 1.7 60ft -(sold)
    2003 FZ1 - 10.995 @ 124.5mph - (sold
    2006 R6s -10.998 @ 121mph - (sold)

Name- Eric