Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Editing posts limited to 2 minutes now

Editing posts limited to 2 minutes now

Editing your own posts is now limited to 2 minutes after you hit the reply button. Just enough time to proof read.

Previously the time was unlimited to edit your own posts. This has caused some confusion when a person edits an old post and changes the conversation for new readers. While those that have already posted after the edited post don't realize an edit was made.
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

FYI , you must be finished editing within 2 minutes. Not just hitting the edit button within 2 minutes.
    9.875@150mph
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

Some of us are slow. You should make it 5.

Ponies trot...Birds fly
    I am a true connoisseur of large posteriors and I have a disposition that makes me unable to tell inaccurate things

almost made it 5. what will happen is after getting denied edits a few times , the next time you will remember to proof read BEFORE you hit reply.
    9.875@150mph

It's not always a proof read issue, at least with me. It's more of a I have more to add issue. Hope you enjoy multiple posts by the same person.

Ponies trot...Birds fly
    I am a true connoisseur of large posteriors and I have a disposition that makes me unable to tell inaccurate things

Quote Originally Posted by sparkles View Post
    It's not always a proof read issue, at least with me. It's more of a I have more to add issue. Hope you enjoy multiple posts by the same person.
    We'll just have to make you the moderator in charge of double posts.

great I edit old posts in burried threads to keep track of what websites I need to buy mods now what am I gonna do?
    well I guess the camaro is staying good project for my kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    great I edit old posts in burried threads to keep track of what websites I need to buy mods now what am I gonna do?
    not sure i understand what your saying

retarded... Use the fuckin quote button and there will be no confusion. Going to create a lot of extra posts IMO when people fuck up photos, links, want to update for sale lists/prices, correct wrong info etc...

If needed you can ask any moderator to edit an ad or post. It just fixes a lot of confusion that happens when people go back and change things. I mean we're not trying to make it a bad experience, we obviously have
    The best intentions. If we're wrong we can always change it too. We do discuss amongst moderators before really making any changes. I think it will be something toget used to, but it will
    Be a quick adjustment.