Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 89 LX Build

just to sell it or cut the cage out and let my wife drive it

why all the work and then selling it?

biggest reason is the other guy put in a cage, i delivered pizzas in a car with a cage for a year and i swore id never have a street car with a cage... and the car wont ever be what i wanted it to be when i origionaly owned it, thats the problem with getting rid of your shit then getting it back later

if you like the car, wouldn't it be easier to cut the cage out or turn the cage into a 5 point cage with removable drivers door bar? I wouldn't think you could get your money back out of it after spending that much time on the paint work.
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

I'm not really sure what I will have into the car id like to get 6500 out of it when its done, I don't even want the swing out door bars, ill probley end up getting rid of it and maybe buying a 300zx or an older mustang I'm up in the airb I've got 3 in depth mustang projects going so idk

You shouldn't have a problem getting $6500 out of it. Slap it up on ebay with a dyno sheet and it's as good as sold.
    1989 Mustang 408W TT Built by me. Sippin Corn cocktails. 721hp 765TQ on 10lbs

2004 Subaru Forester XT 5spd

1979 Yamaha XS 1100, 70's goodness.

Well I was bored earlier and read this, well one of my customers cam in talking about how twenty years ago he had bought a big POS mustang from Dj auto (I hate him) and how he dumped alot of money of it and would love to have another one if the price was right. I showed him this thread and well he is very interested. So when your done PM me and I will give him your number.
    well I guess the camaro is staying good project for my kid.

well thanks and if he ends up buying it i'd throw you something for a finders fee. i do have one other guy that wants to take a look at it on the 27th

He no finders fee necessary.
    well I guess the camaro is staying good project for my kid.

IAF Team Member
    What's the paint code? Looks like Ford Dark Shadow Grey, I'm a big fan of grey cars.
    ‘47 Willys CJ2A with an SBC