Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is racing really about? Read this!

What is racing really about? Read this!

*My response to someone being deleted as a friend on Facebook after shit talk going too far.

"He probably has more important things than fb drama to worry about...like his wife and baby on the way. Some day you all will realize that racing is a passion that many share for many different reasons. Maybe its to spend more time with loved ones, or to full-fill ones self goals. But a true racer or enthusiast isn't in it just to compete. They have true passion for the sport without needing justification why. All the ridicule on IAF is enough for anyone to step back and think twice about getting interested in racing. Maybe everyone should think about that the next time they wonder why ANY racing event has barely any spectators or competitors show up.... This is intended for everyone. I'm not picking on anyone. And I'M NOT PERFECT, but try to show some respect and compassion for fellow friends, racers, fans and future racers that look up to us. ...Or our passion will be no longer." Terry Miller

I'm obviously not taking sides. That's not what this is about. It's about a much bigger picture. And, EVERYONE has been guilty of this bullshit at some point. EVEN ME!

What happened on Facebook? I have a good idea who this is about

Facebook is serious business. Which is why I prefer Fuckbook.

IAF Team Member
    George apparently deleted a bunch of people, myself included lol.
    ‘47 Willys CJ2A with an SBC

well the initial post by Terry was from a comment he made on my status about George deleting me... George had made a specific status either yesterday or the day before making fun of a member who recently posted a video of his car on the dyno... I confronted George about it on his status basically saying exactly what Terry said in his post here.... Next thing I knew I was deleted by him and Ed actually
    "U guys are a bunch of pathetic fucks Ryan your the worst" -Eddy B
    "no one gives two shits if he built it or purchased it.. or if it was purchased by his dad. you just sound like a jealous bitch. move along" -k-ville
    "I think the S4 is the best car I've ever owned" -slow ride

Huh, I was deleted as well. I guess he didn't like the drag racing minivan video I posted. lol

As an.outsider looking in I can't say I understand why they get so damn worked up. On here its just ridiculous, I can only imagine how retarded it gets on FB.

Race smack talk and general beatin on each other over my car is cooler or whatever seems to be fine by my book. Personal attacks on peoples home lives is too much for me.

^agreed

Now I feel bad. I was messing with the bohrens recently but they know I was just messing around.

I have offered to crack down on users but for the most part, most people want the shit talking to be left un-moderated . I even took a poll once on the infamous rude Charlie and people were in favor of not banning him 3 to 1. He ended up getting banned a couple months later anyway.
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin