• Private

7 24.14%
  • Public

22 75.86%
  • I have a better idea

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VOTE! Private or Public track for 2012 shoot out

I'm curious as to how an event runs 6g's for 40 cars.

Is it an exponential insurance thing? That'd be the only reason why (that I can think of..) a rental would go up on cost with more people attending. I can see a bit of a spike but if we're talking from $1500 to $6000, that's quite a jump.
    Casey
    '03 Mustang

2010 IAF Manual shootout CHAMP!
    2011 IAF/DS Rob Palmer Shootout Quickest Overall Competitor! (Just Barely..)

not sure, doesn't make sense to me either, that info came from george so I don't know all the details. might be a bit more staff required and maybe george was adding hours to the rental with the higher car count
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

I don't know much about track rentals but that seems high to me. They would need 300 cars for a normal t&t to get 6k. I can't say if I coming until I know the date.

^ yea and we definitely know they don't have anywhere near 300 cars oftentimes. except they do make money on spectators also on a public day
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

Someone needs to get in contact with Dan and see...George was hot on it for about 2 days

im pretty much with casey on this. it would be awesome to have a private track day but that would be alot of money... hell ill probly already be out $100 just in gas for the day. throw in another 100+ to race. i would have to just ride and watch if that was the case. but change it to 20bucks and i am so there. if i cant afford the gas to trailer it ill drive the damn thing there and leave the dot wrinkle walls at home so i dont break anything .... yeah i found some et streets
    "just like high school but our cars are faster now...except for me, I'm pretty sure the cavi would waste the yukon"

private would be nice. but its way to much IMO. most events arent even that much. if its private the chances of me and my buddies coming would be very slim. it would be over $300 for each of us to come to a "fun" track day. im all about having fun but $300+ is a bit much for me to drive a ways to just have fun. it would be hard for most people traveling to fit it into there budget.
    but on a public day i agree it would be a clusterfuck with all the other T&T cars. it would be a tough call i think.