Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats a good junk yard 8.8 price?

whats a good junk yard 8.8 price?

thinking of getting a 8.8 disc brake five lug for tha old fox body and was wondering what is a good/fair price for one...

$100 for a junkyard one.

i just bought an 88 thunderbird turbo coupe 8.8 rear end 5 lug with disc brakes for $75 to go on my rx7 . I'm going to clean it up and convert to 31 spline. I don't think I'm going to reuse the calipers or rotors. For sure will not be using the 28 spline axles or 28 spline traction-lok. These rear ends are so old now, they take a while to clean, if you have a clean rear on your car already maybe it would be better just to buy a 5 lug and disc conversion kit brand new.
    Last edited by AutoMods; 11-23-2011 at 02:14 PM.
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

yeah i am more wanting the brake for mine... called down to sunline and the wanted 250 for one...

Sunline is a rip off, I have went there a couple times and every time they wanted anywhere from 2x to 4x what K's acres was asking for the same part (depending on who you talk to there).

IAF Team Member
    If sunline doesn't know you they charge out the ass.
    ‘47 Willys CJ2A with an SBC

Hate that place so much. Checked with them on something recently just to humor myself, went there once before and needless to say it was a waste of time but hey maybe they changed. They laughed in my face without bothering to even look it up. Sealed the deal on that one, won't be going back for anything.

Funny its a very common thing if they would have waited a second to laugh I could have finished with "its the same as what came on all these other vehicles"
    Last edited by black88gt; 11-23-2011 at 03:38 PM.

lol they also did that to me when i was looking for sn95 spindles the guy laughed and said they get a call altleast 2time a week for them...

yea, i've had the same issues with their overpriced parts. and never head anyone say anything good about them. they probably get away with it because they have a prime location and a nice large facility
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

go to Ace on South Riverside in IC. paid $150 for my Explorer rear pulled and loaded into my truck. if you ask them, you might even be able to get LSD and 4.10 gears if they have one.

car-part.com

i have picked up several trac-lock, 31 spline, disc brake, 8.8"s (explorers) for $75-$150. Depends on mileage, the junk yard, their attitude that day etc... Kings in waterloo has always been really good to me and if you pay cash you can get even better deals.