Thread: took a little cruise through some twisties today in the rx7, nice crisp air

took a little cruise through some twisties today in the rx7, nice crisp air

took the rx7 up to sugar bottom today. car felt great in this air and turbo was really coming on quick.

went up the road toward the park area which has some really tight corners. I like powering out of tight corners at low rpm just letting the torque do its work. you can't really see other cars around the corners with all the woods so you kinda have to work your way into the first half of the corner reasonably while staying in your own lane and then once I see no cars are coming I blast it out. the low end grunt still surprises me. back end kicking out a lot on the cold roads.

then I went up Sugar bottom road NE and took that all the way to the corallville dam . Thats a pretty good road too, not much traffic and some tight corners also.

it was a blast. hope my car still feels light when i throw a forged iron block in it. forging my aluminum block is still not out of the question but i'm still leaning on the iron.

what are some roads you guys like?
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

IAF Team Member
    Indian Hill Rd
    ‘47 Willys CJ2A with an SBC

In Des Moines I know of a few spots but anymore I just can't get myself to get nuts like I once would.

My last ticket from 2008 just dropped off of my insurance so my "safe driver" discount was re-applied. Factoring what my insurance dropped because of that discount, my 1 single ticket cost me over $1300 in total.

I pretty much drive like I'm 75 years old 95% of the time.. Sorry to go somewhat off topic a bit..
    Casey
    '03 Mustang

2010 IAF Manual shootout CHAMP!
    2011 IAF/DS Rob Palmer Shootout Quickest Overall Competitor! (Just Barely..)

Any road in northeast IA/southweat WI by the river. Not much fun really close, just a few little sections.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

Saturday covered some.

Otis, east post, bertram rd for burnouts, rosedale rd. head south a bit you can cruise down to bobbers on scales bend.

yea scales bend is good when they don't lay down fresh rock
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin