Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New 5.0 Coyote Build!

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKETT View Post
    No cross breeding. I work for a chevy dealer here in Des Moines and could get a good deal on one. But I dont think the LSX block is all that! There are LS2 with sleeve kits in them that will handle way more power!
    Buckett whats the cost of that 454 LS motor, do you have any idea?
    2011 IAF/DS Rob Palmer Shootout Winner!
    SOLD!!! 99 Z28 aka "Blackie"
    SOLD!!! FASTEST H/C LS1 IN IOWA!
    JUST A PUMP GAS LS1...
    "EddyB and Son and Daughter Racing"
    New Azz Draggin Grudge Car comming soon!!!
    Comming in "2014" Bimini Blue POS LSX powered notch.
    93 Bimini LSX notch.....aka "BeaterEater"

Oh you are talking for durability! Gotcha now i thoght you were saying big inch long rod motors dont work haha my bad

Quote Originally Posted by slow ride View Post
    -Small bores seal easier due to less area with the same amount of head bolts
    -bore integrity is improved with extra material
    -long strokes move the pin closer to the ring pack reducing space and limiting how far down the top ring can be
    -long stroke pulls the piston out further at BDC

There has been some instances of large bore lsx cracking In large bore boosted apps as a result of core shift in manufacturing. I should have said 427 or less as it's still pretty thick and safe (4.125 X 4"), but I'd sonic check it. The long sleeve of custom ls block is better for long strokes (erl, etc) but the piston still gets thin. GM should have made the lsx sleeve a little longer (it's longer than stock, but not much). lsx is ~ the same deck height as a normal ls block. Most big lsx shops would not want to run a 454 lsx under big boost.

Anyway, is the car going not going to run the 10.5 stuff anymore I take it? Sounds like a cool build.

I hear the same thing on the LSX block, 410 is it. The link is enough said! http://www.erlperformance.com/home-domestic. Now these are the LS2 blocks I was talking about. I have a guy at work buying one of these over an LSX?

Now is the car to run 10.5. It may but nothing like it was befor. I am almost + I spent $10,000 last year and it went all away trying to hang with the other car in the class. It was one run to put it were it is now. Now I am going to sound like a broken record. It was Box Stock! Stock S.victor, Stock AFR 225 I could go all nite. It's over.

I just dont want to spend the cash. It would of needed $12,000 more just to run 5.30's. Oh I also took my street car and turned it into a race car. I drove it 12 times this year. I will drive it 12 time in one month next year!

I will be there as I was 2 years ago. I will be the guy you talk to to get something done or Fixed. Not running it just helping out.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolRCR View Post
    Buckett whats the cost of that 454 LS motor, do you have any idea?
    I will find out!

The best way to put it is my Pussy Hurts!

Driving cars if fun. I wouldn't make excuses just do what make you happy dude.

ERL, Virgina speed and RED do a lot of custom sleeving. ERL superdeck 1 is a very popular standard deck height block (they can make it 6 bolt also). Superdeck 2 is tall deck, but it's a pain to fit in things and needs adapters, etc. The aftermarket blocks always seem to need lots of little things done to get them up and running. These sleeved stock blocks are the way to go IMHO for power in the 1200-2000hp range. Some guys like the RHS block, but it is like $4500 or so

I was looking for a cracked sleeve ls2 for a cheap core to send erl in the past, but never found much. They do a cheaper dry sleeve block for the lower power/NA type guys that lets you build big 454+ NA stuff standard deck height.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

I just had just replaced a LS2 and was going to buy the core. I swaped out the 243 heads with a set of cracked 5.3 from a 2000. The heads alone brought $350.00

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolRCR View Post
    I hear theres a nasti LQ4 Iron LS motor being built in CR for 2012.
    well if your talking about me. slow ride is going to help me forge an lq4 most likely, but nothing fancy just forged rods and pistons, some arp hardware. street friendly mild cam like the one i have now Thunder Racing 224/224 0.563/0.563 114+4 or maybe go a bit bigger. no budget for any head work, just letting the turbo make the power. budget build but should be very strong to take any boost I'd throw at it. hoping to set the boost to around 700whp shortly after break in and we'll see from there.

Dumping $1500 into a built ford solid rear end swap and the maybe $2k at the forged motor, two big time consuming and money consuming projects to start off 2012 . my clutch, injectors and turbo are decent but might need upgrading, .... hmmm forgot I don't have an intercooler yet, this shit doesn't end!! got to make good progress during the winter so its ready in the spring.
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

I think he means the black car.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

Quote Originally Posted by slow ride View Post
    I think he means the black car.
    yea that would make sense. did blacky's ls2 break ?
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin