Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: how fast do i need to be to be competitive in 10.5 class?

oh and I forgot 4 grand in traction control stuff

Keep in mind also some of those tracks are commonly into the -DA range which can play a part. Like was mentioned above though, some of those guys are combining some pretty advanced traction control systems with gobs of hp.
    Casey
    '03 Mustang

2010 IAF Manual shootout CHAMP!
    2011 IAF/DS Rob Palmer Shootout Quickest Overall Competitor! (Just Barely..)

True da is massive and makes sense it will limit the area but i meant more on pure traction level.

Faster than Allgo and Scotty!
    2011 IAF/DS Rob Palmer Shootout Winner!
    SOLD!!! 99 Z28 aka "Blackie"
    SOLD!!! FASTEST H/C LS1 IN IOWA!
    JUST A PUMP GAS LS1...
    "EddyB and Son and Daughter Racing"
    New Azz Draggin Grudge Car comming soon!!!
    Comming in "2014" Bimini Blue POS LSX powered notch.
    93 Bimini LSX notch.....aka "BeaterEater"

what are you guys using for traction control? and what are you guys running for engine combinations? if you all dont mind me asking or if you dont mind sharing.thanks

Small LS2 on NUTS for one more outing! Then it will be Small LS2 on a Snail!!! Traction control- PIMP JUICE!!

I belive everyone is running small blocks on the Jug or boosted!

mainly sbf windsor motors and then ls motors and mod motors. ill be sbf and blower. i dont know if anyone is usuing a traction control device around here... none that ive ever seen or heard of

My car is not a 10.5 class car. Not even close.

That said, I'll be running a traction control system that is part of my standalone EMS from proEFI. Mine is primarily for the street, but it has proven to be very effective at the track for the high HP guys. Paul Majors for example is something like 4.6x Corvette that uses the same pro128 ecu that I'll be using and he's had great luck with it. It has various ways it can monitor wheel spin but what it does is just provide a millisecond-long cut in power to allow the tires to catch up.

There are lots of other options too but the proEFI route is the only one I'm familiar with.
    Casey
    '03 Mustang

ProEFI is awesome, Great for e85 guys using the Flex fuel sensor. Only thing better is the Motec but even more than proefi (the orignal programmer for AEM EMS V1 is the creater of ProEFI) I was thinking about switching to it for my Viper but Chris Moore said its 5k +sensors So my old school AEM works just fine.

Yeah, its a bit pricey..I purchased a good bit of the sensors too but, like you said, the one I'm most anxious to employ is the flex fuel jobber. Having been in the situation where e85 was not available but greatly needed is no fun.

And back on topic, I'm also anxious to run the traction control. Wheelspin on my car is largely controllable due to the powerband being pretty predictable but to be able to go WOT in 1st and 2nd will be new to my car on the streets. I don't spin much at the track if I hook well (~1.43 60') but I do have the occasional, unexplainable 1.5x 60' that I'm hoping the traction control will remedy. I don't anticipate it making me 60' any better on a clean launch but I hope it will help me be a bit more consistant. My car is such a heat creating and holding machine that in a given track visit, I just don't have enough time or ice or patience for blown passes.
    Casey
    '03 Mustang