Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Boost?

I am not sure what he has, but your thinking that if its a twin scroll the spool valve would not open because it would be hitting the center section of the divided housing causing it to stay closed?

turns out it is a divided housing. He has opened the spool valve by hand and it opens with no issue without any problems. I believe he is going to wire the valve open tonight to make sure that its not the issue. But Yes, divided housing.

is the manifold divided houseing as well?

IAF Team Member
    Even if the quick spool valve wasn't working, or if it was on an open/twin the turbo would still make boost it would just be REAAALY slow.

My guess is either the timing is off, or something is hurt in the motor. Either that or the wastegate is at fault.

A 2jz motor never gets hurt, inless you guys messed it up! JK what size turbo is this? and you got .4 bar? at what RPM and gear....

another thing, you said the boost controller is unhooked, what spring is in the wastegate?

I believe ao 10lb spring is what i was told. Its running off an emanage for tuning. So the timing is running off of the stock computer since the timing has not been touched yet. We have also tried running it off of the map that was used last year to the same result. My money has always been on the wastegate. I am going to try to get him to take it off and inspect it a little closer tonight.

Although, timing would explain alot of it. Because even though its not building boost, it feels extra slow and turdy when going through the RPM. Wonder if a sensor could be putting it into some type of limp mode and retarding timing like whoa.

Yup I have a drew go turbo manifold if your familar with supra's. The turbo has a divided housing. I'd like to rule out anymore boost leaks first and wire the spool valve open. I don't have a spare wastegate with a vband flange so i'll pull the wastegate as a last resort. It's not the easiest thing to put back on either.

Since it feels sluggish off boost, I would verify the cam timing too.