Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Mustang Engine Swap

Yea, I am a bit weary of the install. Ive had these springs for a couple years and have just been putting it off because I have never worked suspension before. One of these days I have to just dive in and do it.

Judging by previous posts, you'll probably do it today, and have it done tonight. Cars looking really good.

I think it may be a weekend project. I always told myself that when I did springs, new control arms would go in too. But I may just put in the springs. The shop with my SVO really needs to finish that thing, I am spending way to much time and effort on this car and not enough on the one that has a room full of parts just waiting and waiting and waiting, ugh.

Quarterhorse showed up today. Tomorrow is time to see how badly I can mess this things tune up. Anyone have any experience with one of these?

Pulled my PS kick panel to yank the Computer and install the Quarterhorse and found something weird. One of those old school speakers enclosed in plastic, its wired somewhere just have not taken the time to find out where yet.

Probably the factory "sub." I remember finding one in a camry once. Pretty worthless little things. I have some 10's you can replace it with

Naw, its one of those little cheap plastic enclosed speakers and not wired to the radio. My car already has the Mach 460 so it has 8 speakers and 2 amps from the factory, it thumps pretty decently for stock. I kind of think that it is part of a ghetto rigged security system that someone installed a long time ago and its since been removed. I sure wouldn't mind having a system again though, back in the day I used to run 2 Memphis M class subs backed by a Kicker SX series amp and the SXRC controller. Now I am old and have to carry my kid around so subs are a no go

So I know this is odd since I just finished my car for the most part, but I have run into a issue. My other car which is my winter vehicle is still not done at the shop and I have no idea when or if the shop will ever finish, I may have to just go pick it up and finish myself. They had a year to finish it and are well past the projected finish date of June. That puts me with a hard choice, to drive my convertible that I purchased down south while stationed in North Carolina which has never ever seen snow, salt or even winter once the snow flies, or to sell it and buy something that gets around better. If I did sell it all my spare stuff will go with it, T5 with all pieces to convert, FMS G springs(Vert Specific) and a bunch of other odds and ends, Intake, 10lb pulley, 2 spare MAF's (one stock, one Granatelli 85mm), and much more that I am sure to be forgetting. :s Lesson to be learned here, don't ever tell a shop that you will be picking your car up in around a year, they will just park it out back mostly stripped and never finish.

a year is a long time, get your car out of there unless you know they are putting hours of work into every week
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

Problem is its in Pittsburgh, PA at one of my good friends, family owned shop. They had a couple guys walk off the job a month before my car was due to be done and havent replaced them so they fell way behind on projects and since I am a friend my car got pushed to the side. I have let him know I need it and they said it would get done in 2 weeks. 2 weeks came and went, then they said 3 more weeks. 3 weeks came and went 4 weeks ago. All that after calling and asking about my car at the deadline and being told another month, so 3 set backs to date...Ugh