Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Mustang Engine Swap

Alright, well as I mentioned in another thread I blew a headgasket at the track. Stopped down to the goody store and picked up a gasket set so she will be back up and going in no time. I plan on taking my time and doing some porting on these heads and relocating the IAT to the #5 port on the intake, probably what caused my blowout to begin with, to much heat and it was not pulling enough timing. Should be in the 12s easily at full weight when all is put back together.

A little update. Finished the head gasket stuff up last night. I added in ARP head studs while it was all apart. Should be track ready after a few heat cycles and a re torque of the head bolts.

It is done. Just let her run her first heat cycle, all looks and sounds good so far.

IAF Team Member
    I gotta say man, you're definitely a 'do-er' not a talker. Now go run some faster times!
    ‘47 Willys CJ2A with an SBC

I would much rather have it that way, lol. I wanted to have it done sooner, but the SVO had me tied up with its wire tuck project so this was on hold.

IAF Team Member
    What power level do you think you're at now? How is the t-5 holding up?

Not really sure. I need to get a dyno tune, but generally guys with similar setups seem to put down 350-375rwhp through a T5.

I am running an AODE and it is holding up great but I am going to guess it will drag my numbers down a bit. Nice thing with it being electronically controlled is that the Quarterhorse can manipulate line pressures and shift points to help it out.

Kenne Bell superchargers for the pushrod 5.0 don't really make huge numbers like their centrifugal counterparts but lean more towards low end and mid range.
    I was having serious traction issues at the track. If I take this car back to the track it will be on slicks with meth injection. Should be in the 12's fairly easy, full weight.

IAF Team Member
    Oh dammit, forgot you were auto.

Yea its makes me sad.

Yesterday I drove it in to work, I had not re torqued the damned header bolts yet and did not think it would be a problem. Get off work and start it up in the parking garage and hear nothing but CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK echoing through the garage, everyone was staring, then had to drive it through rush traffic downtown clunking it up. It was a little embarrassing, lol. Got it all tightened back up for hopefully the last time.

Just ordered a Devils Own meth injection kit. Should have it in a few days.