Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mustang Engine Swap

Post Mustang Engine Swap

I finished this over a week ago but heres a nice photo progress thread on my engine swap. Overall it took me about 5 days to complete. Old engine was a stock 94 Mustang H.O. 5.0. New engine sports 3 bar GT40 heads, GT40 lower intake, Ford Motorsports SVO upper intake, FMS F cam installed straight up, Summit shorty headers, offroad H pipe, SLP catback, and I deleted the EGR and smog equipment. Sorry about the video at the end, I need to edit it but my software is not working.

Just starting, stock engine.

Some progress.

About ready to come out.

Engine out.

Engine bay.

New engine.

Another

Set in the car.

Ready to start.

A little idle clip.
    Last edited by 86svo9L; 08-20-2011 at 06:09 PM.

looking good
    Tyler

Sounds mean, 5.0 always sound great with a cam. I wouldn't mind finding a 94-95 Stang GT
    Brett
    '08 Dodge Caliber SRT4--Diablosport tune, MPx muffler, K&N drop in, Custom downpipe, Custom torque bars, Bwoody check valve, TurboXS 50 mm RFL Type H BOV. Running 19 psi.
    '67 Checker Marathon A-12E--283 V8, Powerglide (Classy ass cruiser)

Thanks. I am not going to lie though, this project had me pissed off most of the time. The car seemed to be working against every aspect of the teardown. I am glad to be done and enjoying the car but have no intention of doing much else on this one for a good long time.

what kind of power or quarter mile times do you think it will do?
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

I'm not going to make any huge claims on this combo since it is basically a stock cobra engine with a cam and better exhaust/intake/ port matching. The engine in stock form is rated at 240 fwhp so I am going to guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 260-270 fwhp. Still most likely a low 14, high 13 second car. The car does feel a lot more powerful than before but the butt dyno is never a great indicator.

Heres some pictures. Unfortunately since I go to kirkwood someone did a hit and run on my drivers door while trying to park or so it appears so my drivers door is jacked now, and someone also stole the center caps from my rims. Just cant have nice things here. Right now I still have the stock waffle rims on from when it was in storage but I eventually plan on putting the 17s back on. I also have smoked headlights on my car now too.

I may be picking up a Kenne Bell for this in the next couple months, just have to sell the idea to my fiance.

Quote Originally Posted by 86svo9L View Post
    I may be picking up a Kenne Bell for this in the next couple months, just have to sell the idea to my fiance.
    tell her it will be "more efficient" with it. it sounds like it'll be a money saver, but as we all know, it'll just be "more efficient" at making power.
    Tango 'til they're sore

Nice, I was thinking of playing the "I allready have a blower cam installed so it will not run right without one" line. Maybe a nice combo of the two will work.