Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SVO body restoration/project

nice to see some progress, will be great to see driving around
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

Will look great when done. Saw your sig changed for the Vert, buy some heads did you??? Nice set-up if so!

If you check out my engine swap thread you will see that I built this engine with the GT40's, everything in my sig has about 12k miles on it right now.

My main issue is most likely tuning, I have a quarterhorse but beyond changing the injector sizing and simple changes that I have read about, I am lost, so it basically has the factory tune changed for injectors. I really want to get a dyno tune but nearly every shop I have called that are local have failed to return my calls and emails.

Yeah you might have to travel some to find someone to tune with the quarterhorse. Defintely some extra power available with a tune.

Yea, in the spring if I can squeeze it in I want to put on a meth kit before a dyno tune, but I may be in over my head timewise with what I have planned on the SVO. Since the SVO has a closet full of parts to include a portion of our small shed my fiance has made it clear which car is getting worked on next.

I believe Lund Motors in Waukee does QH.

I will try to get a hold of them again. I sent them an email to get a quote for tuning my setup but they never got back to me. I may just have to call them to get their attention, I am sure they get all sorts of emails from tire kickers.

Just got off the phone with the shop. The photos I just posted up are about week old, but there should be some new ones this weekend. They finished painting everything except the front bumper and are going to start the finishing process and reassembly soon.
    Edit- Called SVPU to check up on the header panel and it is ready to ship, they are trying to find a shipper that is reasonably priced for me at the moment. Should be out the door next week.
    Last edited by 86svo9L; 11-18-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Cool, will have to post up pics asap with the paint laid.