Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SVO body restoration/project

Cool SVO body restoration/project

SVO's are the bees knees of mustangs, props dude
    Gary
    00 ls1 camaro- PTC 4200 stall, BBK longtubes, Borla, 100mm Lid, 4.10s, weight reduction, E85

Also along with the paint, a new SVO repop fiberglass hood, all new NOS SVO headlights(Cost a small fortune and my left arm), new repop SVO tailights, Torque box and control arm reinforcements (Battle boxes), subframe connectors, new weatherstripping all around, new window channel runs, outer window moldings(dew wipes), new body moldings and rocker panels are all being put in at the same time. The factory hood was slightly tweaked so I figured if I needed another hood may as well try and save a little weight on the front, the SVOs allready have around 52/48 so if that can be improved I will try.

Cool car, pretty unique. 14 isnot bad at all considering how close to stock it was.

Thanks. With my luck after I get the engine finished it will still only be a 14 second car, not because of the car but because I suck at the track, only been twice. I'm not sure what it will run after these mods but most SVO's with the same modifications are in the low 12's, but that being said there are some guys running stock head and turbo in the 11's with who really know what they are doing and can push the envelope without breaking stuff. I tried picking a combo thats been proven on a lot of cars to be dependable and quick although lag will be more noticeable, full spool for most with this combo around 3200-3800, full spool stock T3 turbo around 2500 for my car.

looking forward to seeing the paint job
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

Me too. Its like having christmas twice this year.

Got some bad news today. Car wont be done for another few weeks .

I cannot wait to dig into this thing in the spring. This car is the reason I just don't ever get excited about the vert. When I would drive both of them on the same day I would hate driving the vert because it felt like a bloated luxo cruiser vs. a go-cart. There really is that much of a handling difference and feel between these two cars. I axed the Holset too, sold it and decided to go with a 50 trim T04E, the Holset would be a blast I am sure but I also drive this thing on the street and not hitting full boost till 4k is just not worth it.