Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coolant Hardline?

Coolant Hardline?

9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

Have the DEI heat wrap thats on it. Also, its not shown in the picture, but i am/as running a turbo blanket. However i jstu sold my turbo blanket and am having everything ceramic coated instead of running the heat wrap.

All of the coolant lines were stock lines. Since i have melted through two lines, and cracked another one due to heat cycleing. My EGTs at the header read around .... 15-1800 if i remember correctly.

have you always had the heat tape around the coolant lines? I wonder if heat needs to pass out of those coolant lines from the inside out and the heat tape is holding too much heat in????? just guessing
    9.875@150mph
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

Yup, always been coolant wrapped. Lines themself were onl wrapped for about six inches. Just till it got passed the downpipe. Pretty sure i am going to hardline it now though. Just get rid of the issue all together. Just still not sure to use for line. I believe its actually aluminum where everything times into the thermostat housing. Not sure on that though. I will need to check and see what i can find for some kind of line.

I pulled off the coolant lines from the thermostat lats night and grapped my maginate. Turns out that the housing itself is aluminum, but the tubing that is stubbed off for the hoses is steel. I believe i am going to try and flare the tubing from the housing and put a tubing nut on it. That way i can still run hardline the same way with an -an fitting connection instead of welding them. Looks as if i can run hardline for most all of my coolant lines that come off that Housing. Whats keeping me from doing all that way would be connecting to the coolant resivor. Wouldnt know how to connect to platic with an -AN type fitting. Anyone know of any way to do such a thing?

9.875@150mph

Not goin to lie ... Don't even know how that works

Scratch that, your saying jsut retap the tank withe a bulkhead fitting and not use the plastic nipples that are already on the tank. I do not think that would work in my situation. Also i would still have the issue of attaching to the plastic nipple on the rad. for one of the lines.

9.875@150mph