Toyota FIPG, ask Tad about it. Its basically what Toyota uses to make certain types of gaskets and is pretty effective. I bet it at least causes the leak to slow. At that point you're just like every other rotary on the road rocking an oil leak. Or two or three.

Now, my FC had probably right around 350-400 whp from a garage built (not by me) and racing beat template ported motor. Car ran great on 17 lbs from a 57 trim T04e on e85 for months with me being less than gentle with it. Could've gone for a lot longer I feel had I not decided to be superman one night and throw another 3 lbs at it just to see how it'd do. (Lesson learned that just because its running very rich under load that does not mean that more boost will lean it out..) Of the 3 times I had my motor apart, I actually had never technically "blown" it. Failure came from all other sorts, however. Several cracked corner seals happened a couple times but that could have been due to the fact that I was using some relatively unknown build components from various motors.

On that power level the car was actually scary on a 225 series all season tire. Probably weighed in around 2600 maybe 2700 lbs. Rolling into boost in third gear would set you very sideways in a hurry.

I've told Phish this before, but, even with all that being said, all the pushing I'm doing for him to go V8, all the horror stories, etc, etc, I will have another rotary someday. Likely an FD in mostly stock form. Eliminate all the known issues and just drive it. I doubt I'll ever try to make good power with one but at their curb weight, you don't need a ton of the hp's.