Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New guy from Des Moines

Hybrid View

I remember seeing you in mtown at the auto x. car looks good. welcome to the site.

Nice ride, welcome to the site.
    :misterlock:

What happened anyway, we have you in the qualifying round but no runs after for the event?

My right muffler came off the pipe on the last pass, and it took awhile for it to cool off so I could get it re-attached. With that plus the reverse lights coming on I decided to quit for the day until I could get the issues worked out.

My vette witht he t56 does the same thing with the stock type shifter. Seems like it wants to go in between 1st and 3rd then the reverse light will show up. I never had the problem with a aftermarket shifter, but most of those are very notchy and hard to move off center. I've never completed a full pass with the stock shifter without missing a gear or shifting really slowly. One is better for daily driving and the other is better for racing.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

Moderator (Night Patrol) Domestic Disturbance's Avatar
    I can't believe someone would complain about the MGW. Maybe its different for the vettes from fbodies, but I think its great. And my car is no weekend queen either. Either way thats good you figured the reverse light thing out.

I love the MGW in my car. Wouldn't buy anything else.
    Tyler

Yea, the previous owner had an MGW shifter on it before but said it was difficult to use for daily driving so he swapped it back to stock. This week I'm going through the shifter box assembly and replacing the stock rubber bushings with some tighter/firmer ones which should improve the feel quite a bit (based on reviews of the bushing kit I ordered), and also it will allow me to double check that all bolts are secure. Hopefully I see better 2-3 shifts for this weekend's HPDE event up in Brainerd, MN.

Welcome! Sick car

Still got that MGW shifter?
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast