Thread: Results from June 4th at Eddyville

Results from June 4th at Eddyville

Thanks again for everyone coming out and supporting this deal. It was great to see some folks from out of state making the haul, it takes a lot to travel that far and race and I really appreciate it!

We had 9 cars on the grounds for the race, but unfortunately some broken parts got the best of a few. Things got started off in a big way in friday night testing when Matt Wuertz stood his small block F1R mustang on the bumper and went for a ride. Unfortunately this run also resulted in a broken connecting rod. Word is they'll be back soon with "old iron-sides".

After dealing with off and on brief showers during qualifying on Saturday, eliminations got underway. Without a doubt the biggest news from first round was when Scott Kositzky turned on the second kit in his nitrous assited SBF mustang and blasted to a 5.34 to advance to the second round vs. Eric Torrey in his twin turbo mustang. Chris Maggaro, who made the haul up from Lee's Summit, MO also won with a holeshot against Christian Huffman with 5.74 to a 5.71.

In the second round John Puckett took on Kositzky in a battle of nitrous assisted small block fords. Kositzky continued his winning ways posting another pass in the 5.30's. On the other side of the ladder, Mark Wusel who came down from South Dakota with his turbo charged small block Malibu, was paired up with Maggaro in what would be one of the closest races of the day. Both had ran a .74 in the previous round and both had turned up the wick a little bit for this round. Maggaro was able to just hold on long enough to beat Wusel with a 5.57 to a 5.59.

In the finals it was Kositzky and Maggaro. Kositzky didn't miss a beat and made his fastest pass of the day, a 5.32 at 132. Maggaro fell off a little to a 6.00 at 123.

Hope to see you at the next race next weekend, June 11th at Cedar Falls Raceway. Then it's back to Eddyville on the 25th.

Great job Scott. I was planning on attending, but other obligations came up. Hopefully we'll see you at the next one.

Great job Scott!

Not bad after what, a year or two off?
    Casey
    '03 Mustang

2010 IAF Manual shootout CHAMP!
    2011 IAF/DS Rob Palmer Shootout Quickest Overall Competitor! (Just Barely..)

Congrats Scotty those new slicks seem to be working damn good for ya.
    well I guess the camaro is staying good project for my kid.

scott made it look easy. car looked like he was just out for a sunday drive. Good job

thanks guys! I think actually spending the dough on new slicks made a heck of a difference thats for sure!!! The last set I ran was around 4-5 years old but still seemed to work good. Man was I surprised with these new tires, just hooked and went straight down the track.. For what was planned to be a "test and tune" for me turned out to be a real dream come true. Definetly lucked out on the race against Eric Torrey, everyone knows that car is a real beast and Im definetly nervous lining up against him. Thanks to everyone who helped, I got to use Eric's 4 wheel'r for the ride back, jake and H+W hooked it up with the tires. H+W has always been there for any parts/nitrous or emergency critical welding I need, and of course Induction Solutions for making me look like I know what Im doing with the nitrous stuff..

Congrats guys wish i could have made it now that we finally got my car going down the track without dragging bumper again but unfourtanatly i had to work as usuall! I hope to make it out alteast once or twice this year to play with you guys!