Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where can I rent a gooseneck trailer to haul tractor?

Where can I rent a gooseneck trailer to haul tractor?

I need to locate a goose neck or fifth wheel trailer that is capable of hauling 11,000 pounds. I am looking at purchasing a tractor and have no way to move it which could be a deal breaker if that's the case.

All the rental companies I have contacted (RSC, A1, united rental never got back to me) only have trailers that go up to 10,000 pounds and attach to a reese hitch (bumper essentially) So not only are they 1,000 pounds short I would prefer to tow with a gooseneck over a bumper style hitch.

The tractor is a mid 60's case 830 comfort king with loader and fluid in the tires. The fluid is what is killing me as the tires probably way 500 pounds each. The data I found on the tractor shows it by it self weighs 8,000 pounds and that without loader and counting the fluid.

The truck I have to tow with is a 97 dodge ram 3500 4x4 dually with a v10 and auto transmission.

Anybody have any ideas where I can look or should I just wing it renting a trailer that only good to 10,000 pounds?

Personally, i wouldn't sweat the 1000lbs...

IAF Team Member
    Put an ad on craigslist, I bet you'll have a trailer lined up within an hour if you offer enough compensation.
    ‘47 Willys CJ2A with an SBC

I've got one, but in Des Moines, and it's got all of our BS still loaded on it, and the tags are out of date. So, I guess my post is useless.

cool tractor. Id be more concerned with the v10 hauling it. Can you just put the loader in the truck bed?

Where is the tractor located? If nearby, we might be able to assist....
    Prowler Orange 2000 Civic SI

2000 Audi S4, imola yellow, Stage3, evoms intake, borla 3in cat-back, apr dp's, APR turbo kit, stg3 clutchmaster, fidanza flywheel, apr snub mount, awe tuning trans-stabilizer, pioneer headunit, boston speakers, viper alarm, OZ 18's, BFG KDW2's, APR Bi-pipe.....because we all have as much ownership of this car as Derek does.

Call Randy Patton at Patton Equipment in Urbana hes got a few and would pry rent one out
    Andy Fangman
    F1X Procharged LS1 Foxbody Mustang
    4.86 147mph
    http://www.youtube.com/user/skipdownstairs

IAF Team Member
    call A1 again. i KNOW they have 14k tag trailers.

but if you cant line anything up let me know. i have a buddy that would probably haul it for you for a small charge. he has a 3 different Cummins to choose from and 22k trailer.

The tractor is North east of Colesburg with a Colesburg address and it would be coming to my place in Walker. I thought about Patton because I know they sell some big trailers but didnt think they would rent anything out but doesn't hurt to ask.

Also I have towed my big camper and boat at the same time with the V10 and other then big hills slowing me down it does pretty good.

If I can't get anything lined up as far as hauling it myself by renting a trailer what kind of fee's would I be looking at if anyone here or a friend of theirs were to haul this for me?

I can't speak for anyone but Skyes grandpa bought a couple new tractors 2 years ago and it only cost him like $1500 or so to have both of them brought up from Kentucky i think it was... i wouldn't imagine that 50~ miles would cost you much more than a few hundred bucks. hell, I have heard of people driving tractor further than that, gas the bitch up and take it for a 3-4 hour break in ride back to your place! lol

what about Star Equipment...? I know I have seen some pretty massive rental shit with their name on it so they must have a way to move it.