Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CFR Track Day/MM May 14

shit tons I think they even got matt from canada coming.
    well I guess the camaro is staying good project for my kid.

yes sir. looking at 50+ cars to be there.
    2002 Grand Prix GT - sold

2005 WRX STi

Well ended up making it out to CFR last night for the TnT. Barely..never fails that leaving town is always a big ordeal.

Tried to put my slicks and skinnies on and was missing 2 lugnuts for some reason. Just decided to run my 50+ pound front wheel and tire combos and rear slicks. I let a good friend of mine take it down the track and it was kinda neat seeing the car hang those heavy 18's for a bit...

I won't even go into the near disaster we had getting the car on the trailer...

Got to the track and they weren't selling ice yet. Was able to buy like a half bag off of them from what they were able to dig out of the freezer. My car gets super, super heat soaked without running tons of ice water through it. I'll usually go through about 40 lbs or more when I'm at the track.

All things considered, I'm pretty happy with my result. Best MPH of 135 and best et of 10.66 on different passes.

Just to give you an idea of how much heat soak was making a difference in my car's power, my best mph of 135 was 7 mph faster than the 128 I ran on the quickest pass. 7 mph is like 100whp difference..

I'll get better sorted eventually and have it ready to go. 10.20's or better are in the car. I just have to find 'em..
    Casey
    '03 Mustang

2010 IAF Manual shootout CHAMP!
    2011 IAF/DS Rob Palmer Shootout Quickest Overall Competitor! (Just Barely..)

sounds like you'll be good and ready for the shootout if your making passes already. I didn't know they sold ice right at the track. so your car was a bit slower from last year's 10.5 ????

the shootout will probably be my first pass this year. looking to get a cage put in.
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

Slower due to circumstance I think. about 70 pounds extra un-sprung weight on the fronts and the ice factor plays a huuuuuuge part in my car. I think the car would've gone 10.40's easy last night if I had all my ducks in a row.

Like I was telling Vito last night, people run fron skinnies for a reason..
    Casey
    '03 Mustang

Oh, and I did have the mixed tire types last night too. Radials up front and bias ply slicks in the rear. Terrible feeling going down the track having to do little corrections the whole way down..

I watched Ryan make a pass in my car and I seriously got a sick feeling in my stomach watching how much the car was squirming going down the track.
    Casey
    '03 Mustang

ic so you trapped 135 with ice and later in the day made your best et without ice @ 128 ? either way, good job. get any footage?
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

Actually no, I trapped 135 when the car was just cool. We had that half bag of ice for the 2nd and 3rd pass, but only about 15-20 minutes of cool-down time. 20 or so minutes of cooling is fine when I can jam the ice box with 10 pounds of ice as it's sitting there..

Also, I do have a decent video clip of it. I'll try to get it posted up tonight.
    Casey
    '03 Mustang

running radials in the front and bias ply in the rear is very dangerous, you can do the opposite and its ok but the way the tire is made the rolling resistance is diifferent and the rear will try to overtake the front. I ran into the same problem so being as I worked on tires for a living i looked into it, If its the same thread pitch as the thirdgen for the forth (pretty sure it is) I got tons of lugnuts if you want.
    well I guess the camaro is staying good project for my kid.

I appreciate the offer man. I think I just need to buy a bunch anyways. They've been off and on so many times the chrome is nearly all gone and look kinda janky..

And I can now see why all the fuss about mixing the tire types..It was a bit sketchy indeed..
    Casey
    '03 Mustang