Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Here

New Here

Hey guys, new to the forums. Name is Tomi, and I drive a 97 Neon with the 2.0l DOHC in it.

List of some mods are
    Aftermarket Exhaust and Headers
    New Throttle Body
    AM Ignition Wires and Plugs
    Battery Relocation to trunk
    Lowering Springs
    Mopar Performance ECU
    CAI
    Ac Delete
    Some other stuff I am to tired to remember....

Not the fastest car in the world, but it's got alot more kick then most people expect.

Beat my rod knockin crx! haha, still think you could use that eclipse motor else wheres.
    Kaleb.

My Neon engine is a wanna be Eclipse, its reverse ported.... I don't mind my shell to much lol, I think its light as hell lol and parts are super cheap

Don't be to hard on that neon, they used to be decent little race cars back in the day. My brother in law was really hardcore into em. Is yours a manual? Pretty sure he has all the manual swap parts still sitting around.

Yeah mine is a manual. I am pretty nice to my Neon compared to most. It's my daily along with my project so I keep good care of it. The owner before me beat on it pretty hard, I race it every once in awhile but nothing to serious. Looking for another 1st Gen Neon to drop a 2.4L Turbo in it, or just over build a 2.0L and pop a turbo on it. Haven't decided yet.

I'd look into a stratus 2.4 that could be a good start. They arent terribly expensive either.

Moderator (Night Patrol) Domestic Disturbance's Avatar
    what color is it? I know a guy thats had a few around here

IAF Team Member
    Welcome, post up some pics! I always wanted one of those ACR first gen neons, would have made a fun little car.
    ‘47 Willys CJ2A with an SBC

Its Black, I will get somepictures up soon. The ones I have are a bit outdated and taken off of my phone. The owner before me was Matt Cronk. The only other really avid Neon owner I know is Joshua Thomas. I don't even really know him, I just know he drives a Neon lol.

Yeah and I have been keeping my eye out for a 2.4l stratus. My main goal is to buy a 2nd car to get around in so I don't have to use the Neon as my daily driver.

Moderator (Night Patrol) Domestic Disturbance's Avatar
    Ya josh is who I was thinking of but I know matt too.