Thread: My turn signal issue...

My turn signal issue...

I first started dealing with this issue like 6 months ago on my CBR900RR. Well, I FINALLY got around to messing with it some more since the weather is getting nicer and what not.

Anyways, I got it pretty much taken care of EXCEPT. When I hit the turn signal, the opposite side also blinks a little. The lights I have on it are red running lights and amber flashers. Say I turn the bike on, they light up red, I hit the right signal and the red goes away and it flashes bright amber like it is suppose to. However, the opposite side, the red stays lit and the amber dimly blinks as well. So, it basically looks like hazzards I guess.

Any Ideas? I was thinking some sort of ground issue maybe? I was going to run a frame ground to each light instead of relying on the factory ground wire in the harness. Just to see if that is the issue, I just thought I would get opinions first.

WELL! I spent about six hours tearing my bike apart, ripping out the harness, going through it all and found nothing. Hooked it back up and had the same problem. Come to find out it is the fucking "turn" indicator bulb in the gauge cluster!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

I mean, the bulb itself wasn't the problem, something in the cluster I guess because if I take the bulb out it is fine...

perhaps a different bulb is out maybe. like on a car when one blinker burns out it makes the others blink faster
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

signals and everything are LEDs....

All I had to do was take the bulb out of the gauge cluster and everything is great. All the bulbs are brand new and good, so I assume there is a little short or something in the gauge cluster wiring but I don't care. Took the bulb out, signals all work, took the test this morning, got my motorcycle license and all is well.

Is the blinker fluid full?

well i know on some cars when changing to led turnsignals, you have to put something like a relay in between the cars harness and the bulb. because leds take less current to light up which can cause a car or in your case bike to think the bulb is not actually working and blinking weird