Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Professional Tuner in Center Point

You brought Jesse up not me, I don't know much about him or his abilities. Did he tune your camaro, Georges, any of Allgo's car? If no why not? Steve has tuned hundreds, possibly thousands of cars, His experience if far above Jesse's. Jesse may be able to make a car run ok, but not to the potential of a top level tuner. If he has the opportunity to tune a lot of cars, he will probaly get there to someday too. From a few people, 2 tuners that have seen Jesse's maps they are quite conservative, which is what is to be expected from a less experienced person. Why does he need ams to baseline the car, Steve builds his from scratch. I was told ams did the complete tune on his evo, if thats true, how does that apply here? Out of curosity what were the #s of George's talon?

Hell no he has never tuned any of my cars...nothing against you jesse, but I use Kurgan
    CTSV THAT EATS FIRECHICKENS!!!

Why does it matter what the numbers are? My camaro don't make shit for power on the dyno but i would gladly give ya a lane! Dynos are for tuning and thats it obviolsy why your bringing the guy to tune on the dyno. My talon was street tuned by Jesse when ever we felt lik fucking with it, But i will tell you it made about 75 more hp on the dyno then my camaro does and is miles away for ET times!

Guys, I don't think anyone is out for a race or fight, etc. Just some info about a group of guys bringing someone in to do some tuning on local dyno. Sounds like it would be fun to watch or participate in tuning with someone with miles under there belt. I will say though that when choosing a tuner you should go with one most familar with the car/engine you are working with.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

- double posted

06 Corvette 92 Talon 04 Civic 96 Chebby

Jesse didn't really tune my car since it ended up having so many issues when I took it to him (my own fault, didn't realize it). But he did a great safe tune for me, which I could revert to basically under any circumstance and tune from without worrying about having issues.

Once I fixed the issues I tuned it myself from his base tune every time I retuned it, and he showed me how to do a lot of the more 'specific' things in DSMLink.

Steve Kan though does seem like a great guy. I had been in talks with him over tuning my car but just ended up being short in funds, however I had a lot of communication with him.. very experienced nice guy who was very open in his communication with me.

06 Corvette 92 Talon 04 Civic 96 Chebby

No not trying to start shit at all just stating that the power numbers dont really mean shit. And stating the example that the Talon made more HP then the camaro did and couldnt come near the ET. But the Dyno is a great tool to tune with!

I only asked your #s because your dad brought it up. You are correct that the # on the dyno doesn't mean anything except to gauge if you gained or lost anywhere in the curve

I could see using a tune from a professional as a guide. but so many things change so much as far as temperature, DA changes, boost or nitrous, additional mods, different fuel etc. you just should know how to tune a little yourself imo . or at least log your car every so often so you can see if its knocking.

i thought i heard talk of up to 15% ethanol being put into pump gas in the future, those ethanol changes will change the afr's a bit. then there was that post about the law trying to be passed allowing gas to be sold without labeling the ethanol % at the pump.

I thought this was interesting but look at the stoich value of these different fuels. if you didn't know better some of these fuels could throw your afr's off .

Sunoco MO2X UL – 14.5
    Sunoco 260 GTX – 14.4
    Sunoco 260 GT – 13.9
    Sunoco 260 GT Plus – 13.7
    Sunoco Standard – 14.8
    Sunoco Supreme – 14.9
    Sunoco MO2X – 14.5
    Sunoco HCR Plus – 14.8
    Sunoco Maximal – 15.0
    Sunoco MaxNOS – 14.9
    Turbo Blue Unleaded (100 octane) -13.9
    Turbo Blue Unleaded Plus (104 octane) - 13.7
    Turbo Blue 110 - 14.7
    Turbo Blue Advantage - 14.9
    Turbo Blue Extreme - 15.0
    VP Street Blaze 100 - 14.16
    VP C10 -14.53
    VP C16 - 14.77
    VP 110 - 15.09
    VP MS109 - 13.41

e10 - 14.13
    e15 - 13.7
    e85 - 9.87
    Last edited by AutoMods; 04-03-2011 at 04:31 AM.
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

Your wideband measures lambada, and the afr is derived mathematically. Doesn't matter what fuel you are using stoich of any fuel is a lambada of 1, which will read 14.7 unless you reprogram your system multiplier to read something different.