Thread: STRUT Changing 05+ stang.

STRUT Changing 05+ stang.

OK on its stock setup it has coil over struts and I got both in. Ok you do it w at least 3 jacks one for body each side and one for control arm. remove wheels, take off sensor and brake lines from strut. [10mm] [body clip prybar]. Then while holding control arm w jack #3 loosen 2 large bolts [on front side] got a no spin clipnut. Take off swaybar from strut. These are lot different than the older fox imo. Then up top loosen 4 nuts [13mm] and then w jack lower arm some or jack up body whichever it needs to get arm tilted down enough. Pull out coil spring and strut. Notice still lot of coil tension. So get 2 harbor f strut spring compressor opposite side and lay on floor and tighten up slack out of spring compressors. Next [CAREFUL here undo center strut nut [21mm] WATCH that Spring, gloves hemet if scared and fininsh taking big nut off. SPRING W luck goes no where and take nut off and gently loosen spring compressors. Get new strut... exactly reverse the sequence of all procedures. So spring is mounted w compressors one each side [CAREFUL] on strut before strut and spring is installed and do the rest in reverse. Stuff is heavy also cause spring mounted on strut. CAREFUL This thing can chop a finger off. You can just loosen up 21 mm nut but the strut mount will fly ...hard... I got a upper strut mount, svt style.... factory gt is 2 piece w ball bearings... svt is one piece has ball bearings also. 2 piece pita it looks like to put in.
    Last edited by 69gt4speed; 03-16-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Hey I told you I would help you. just let me know. Steering and suspension is my bread and butter baby.
    well I guess the camaro is staying good project for my kid.

I pm'd you.... so see that. I got the aeroforce gauge also. and roush vent piece.

Lol I PMed you back so ha I win.

yep u win we'll see if we can get that gm going. My dspecs ride real nice or hard whatever u want.

I think it was gears I watched where instead of pressed bushing they had two piece urethane bushings for mustangs where one side went in and then the other side. Kind of takes the fun out of pressing them IMO

Yea all these are 2 piece upper lower control arms and rear panhard bar. I wanted it stock looking. The d specs btw are the way to go so far. Lot less than those boss 302 ones. Nothing is cheap though. Strange makes sets for fairly cheap but might clunk over bumps and none of that bs I want.