Thread: New-ish to the site

New-ish to the site

Car looks really good. What turbo is that? That engine bay is arranged so differently from any other car its crazy.

Nice to have you over here and see something a little different. I'm not brave enough to modify the rotary. Never really read much on the Renesis, how is its potential and reliabilty?
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

Turbo in the first picture was the original offbrand t-70 that came with the kit. It was a piece of junk and gave out after 2500 miles. The later pictures are of the turbo i am currently installing. Its a hybrid Gt35 and i have reworked some of the piping and had to move a few things around to make it work a little better.

Reliability of a renesis, Not good really depending on power level. If you put on a stock Greddy kit and run 250whp on 6 lbs like the kit is designed then it can be pretty reliable. But if you put on a Gt35 with meth and shoot for 400whp then dont expect it to last to long. I would be happy if i got 45,000 miles before i needed a rebuild. The engine now is currently on its first rebuild. Has a few upgraded seals on the inside so i am hoping that it will help me with it having a longer life.

As far as potential, well the renesis is in the trial an derror stage really. Its the same as earler 13bs but differnt at the same time. The big issue with putting a turbo on is the higher compression in this motor. Highest one that i know of that was street driven without any MAJOR work was dynoed at 425whp and that was only around two weeks ago on the smae turbo (differnt A/R) and on 10lbs. They were tuning for 15lbs when the boost controller fried blowing the motor.

The car is fairly simple to work on really, its jsut getting to know your way around the engine bay. I ofcourse had some help along the way also when i was first learning but i am pretty confident in what i can do with the car and the motor now. When buying the car i jsut wanted somehting a little differnt and when deciding to turbo it, i wanted it to have the power and torque that it lacks stock. Just somehting that will make it a little more unique since i do like to be a little differnt.

Anxious to see this thing out this summer man. Been an odyssey, that's for sure..

Nice looking ride! You should post a build thread if you have pics of the installation and what not.

Last edited by Phish; 03-07-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Shit's weak....

Why thank you Sparkles, i can always count on you for a warm welcome. You better not back out on this weekend. I can see you complaining now about how long of a drive it is and how you had to stop three times just to use the bathroom.