Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1999 Subaru Forester

1999 Subaru Forester

ooh those headlights need a polish!

They aren't that bad, the Forester gets very dirty and the camera on my phone isn't the best.

Moderator (Night Patrol) Domestic Disturbance's Avatar
    first pic all I could think was 'needs wheels' haha. Well done on the updated ones

Well the motor went out on me on my way to Cedar Rapids from Ames, crap.

what happened, those motors are super reliable, especially when left near stock
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

Yea what did happen?!

We were about 5 miles west from the casion in Tama when I started to hear a a wierd ticking noise, thought it was from the ratty Dakota that was in front of us. Let of the gas and it would go away, press on the gas it would get louder. Came over the hill to the Montour exit and she died. When we stopped and opened the hood, there was quite a bit of smoke. Tried to start it and it sounded like there were rocks in the oil pan. My wife wasn't very happy to be stranded halfway to Cedar Rapids. No oil pressure light or high coolant temps.

hmmm wonder if that was related to the problem you had when you bought it. i remember reading you had to replace a valve when you bought it.
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

Sucks, but yea must have dropped the valve. Hopefully you can find a donor engine.