Thread: forum will get slower for next hour, rebuilding the search index

forum will get slower for next hour, rebuilding the search index

forum will get slower for next hour, rebuilding the search index so older posts will pop up in the searches

I wanted to tell you that I haven't noticed that issue that you and I were talking about via PM a few weeks ago with the software being sluggish at times. Did you do anything to fix it or did the problem just go away?

i noticed some delays, sometimes you have to click something twice to send a new page request to get it going. not too bad though. trevor mentioned it was slow. seems to be moving fast at this moment

Zac- i was going to ask if you still had all the old posts from CR:u archived somewhere? we were talking about it at BWW a bit, and i wouldnt mind going back and getting some of the stories i wrote way back when.

Dustin- it depends on how old. I do know at some point, I pruned the forums' oldest posts to save database space and that would have dated back to shortly before Steve Dahl died. From about that time until now, those posts are probably on this forum right now.

I'll look and see if I have any old database copies of CR:U from back in the day. If I do, I might be able to set something up on the old server to let you go in and get those but I'm somewhat doubtful that I have them.

if it was before he died, i'd probably have quite a few stories on there still. i'll do some digging.

i think you pruned a little too much- there are posts from '03-'04 in there, but they jump a lot in dates, and pretty much all my stories were in the '03-'05 years, and i didnt see them at all in there. let me know if you can recover any of them.

the stories will be forever in your head. rewrite one, i'm curious as to what you are referring to