Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: started the car Today.

Re: started the car Today.

It's all about who can do the biggest wheelie without smashing oil pans anyways! No sweat. I have learned that some people like To have dinner rolls on the high way with there meal and others like to go in circles and what ever. Some people are Dyno queens witch are usually the guys chasing big hp numbers and cant put it to the ground to save their ass. 1500 hp is useless if you cant use it untill your already going over 100. BUT in the end if thats what people wanna do so be it!

Yea its for fun, heck I buy the trophy and if I don't win bfd. And they now make several brands of drag radials in 18 and 19 and even 20's. Nobody getting picked on, just want to have some fun and see some cars. Te viper seemed a obvious car to compete. I've seen a sprayed viper blow a late model cammed hdrs sprayed w dr camaro away. By 150 mph that viper was ahead by a block or so it seemed.

SFI certs, teching cars at the track = good idea = lives saved

I would think if your planning on running flat out for a mile "or 1/8th" you would like a chance at walking away from a accident, paramedics arent magicians!

Defiinitely gotta agree with george on this one...althjough I'm still a big supporter of the street, just not the 60, 80, 100 rolls...definitely designed for very high hp cars that have only that...big hp and nothjing to make it work from a stop/low roll..

Before Jesse bought his new car I was reading about it for sale on supraforums, and stalked the guys photobucket of videos and pics. The car is setup for a dig, and I watched it hook solid on some passes. I wouldnt say it couldnt drag, but if he doesnt like drag racing I can see why he wouldnt go.

But yea I got left out of the short list of stick cars too.

safety first.

how safe is it to have a cage in a street car?
    I think the rules need changed. Its pretty common now for a street car to run 10s which would need a 10pt cage. You get in a wreck with that on the street without a helmet on let me know how that goes for you.

You mean you dont drive to work with a helmet on? My mom said everyone did? :/

are you guys seriously arguing that it would be SAFER to run WITHOUT a cage on the street??? there are still a-pillars and the entire shell of the car made of steel coming right at you, id rather risk hitting my head the a bar a foot behind my head then having the roof come in on top of it..

" sorry my cell phone is tough to do this shit on..