Thread: what brand of remote starter would you suggest

what brand of remote starter would you suggest

i have always had good luck with my bulldog remote starters that i have installed myself but i think i want to branch out and try a different brand for my Chevy avalanche

i like the viper 5901 and the python 991 but i heard directed electronics doesn't give out installation instructions and i for sure would want a decent set

so what brand would you guys suggest
    2001 Buick regal GS stock

1984 Chevy Camaro z28 I have a 350 bored 40 over, pro top lines 180's, rpm air gap, proform 750, Headman headers true duals v force muffler , Flat top pistons, comp cam xe274-h10, comp cams ultra pro mag 1.6 roller rockers, 700r4, Vigilante 3200 stall

2003 Avalanche stock

Re: what brand of remote starter would you suggest

can a moderator move this to the lounge i didn't realize i posted it to the media room till now

1984 Chevy Camaro z28 I have a 350 bored 40 over, pro top lines 180's, rpm air gap, proform 750, Headman headers true duals v force muffler , Flat top pistons, comp cam xe274-h10, comp cams ultra pro mag 1.6 roller rockers, 700r4, Vigilante 3200 stall

2003 Avalanche stock

got you

Both systems you mentions are two way 1 mile alarm/remote starts. wither one would be fine im not sure what kinda price you can get those at but take a look at the auto page C3-RS915. your avalanche will require a a interface module what id use for this would depend on year etc.

wiring shown for a 2005 but would be similar for most gm trucks/suv's

12volts red (40A), red (40A) + ignition harness
    Starter yellow + ignition harness
    Second Starter N/A
    Ignition pink + ignition harness
    Second Ignition white + ignition harness
    Notes: To avoid the check engine light from coming on and possible damage to the automatic transmission, the second ignition in this vehicle MUST be powered when adding a remote start system.
    Third Ignition N/A
    Accessory orange + ignition harness
    Second Accessory brown + ignition harness
    Keysense lt. green - ignition harness
    Power Lock use 457G or 456G module
    Notes: If Directed module 457G or 456G is not available, refer to DirectFax document 1601.
    Power Unlock see power lock
    Lock Motor gray 5wi driver door module in door
    Unlock Motor tan 5wi driver door module in door
    Parking Lights+ brown + driver kick panel
    Parking Lights- gray/black - switch or BCM, brown plug, pin B2
    Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver side dash. It has 6 plugs in it, the purple plug is on the back.
    Hazards white - hazard switch
    Turn Signal(L) dk. green + turn signal switch
    Turn Signal(R) lt. green + turn signal switch
    Reverse Light lt. green + BCM, black plug, pin F
    Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver side dash. It has 6 plugs in it, the purple plug is on the back.
    Door Trigger see notes - see notes
    Notes: The driver door trigger is gray/black at the driver door module in the door. The RF door trigger is black/white at the passenger door module in the door. The LR door trigger is lt. blue/black, pin A3, and the RR is lt. green/black, pin A2, they are in the purple plug at the BCM. Use all four wires and diode isolate each.

The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver side dash. It has 6 plugs in it, the purple plug is on the back.
    Dome Supervision gray/black + BCM, black plug, pin E
    Trunk/Hatch Pin N/A
    Hood Pin N/A
    Trunk/Hatch Release N/A
    Power Sliding Door N/A
    Factory Alarm Arm arms on lock with door open
    Factory Alarm Disarm lt. green - driver door module in door
    Disarm No Unlock see factory alarm disarm
    Tachometer white ac instrument cluster, pin A5 or PCM
    Notes: The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is in the left front of the engine compartment to the left of the fan shroud. The tach wire is in the green plug, pin 10.

For tach can also go to any of the ignition coils or fuel injectors and use the wire that is NOT pink, black, or brown.
    Wait to start N/A
    Brake Wire white + brake pedal switch
    Parking Brake lt. blue - switch or BCM, lt. blu plug, pin A7
    Horn Trigger black/yellow to black - switch or BCM, gray plug, pin B9
    Memory Seat 1 red + driver door module in door
    Memory Seat 2 pink + driver door module in door
    Memory Seat 3 N/A +
    Interface Module: Category:
    Required:
    Yes Type:
    Passlock 2
    Part #: 457G, 555L, or 555T
    Notes: The Passlock 2 wire colors are yellow, black, and red/white (not used).

thanks Stg4raddo i will defiantly look in to it dose that one include an insulation manual.

The vehicle side of the wiring i can find but what i need to know for example is what the blue with black strip on connector p3 of the remote starter and that info isn't given out by directed electronics i will see if i can find it for auto page

2003 Avalanche stock

the directed units should give a install guide with the products that tells what each wire does etc. ie. white with blue stripe = instant start red with white = (-) trunk release.

I will say directed had some problems with the long range stuff about a year ago and recalled some of the brains not sure if they fixed it or not. i know they had the problem with the python 580 for example and the responder one buttons.

the autopage is a nice unit and includes a great install guide. with information about each wire

thanks i will probably end up getting the autopage

2003 Avalanche stock

The autopage is a great unit we do lots of them at the shop and i would take the autopage remote over the DEi remote any day. It also looks like you can get the autopage for a little less money. I love the autopage but still use DEi systems for just basic remote starts the ungo RK20 or the avital 4103 are bullet proof systems. I go autopage any day I need alarm features.