Thread: The build(s) I WILL finish!

Hybrid View

The build(s) I WILL finish!

Decided to start this now as the parts are rolling in. I have two different projects that will be going on over the winter, one is a rather "simple", quicker project and one is probably going to take 4-6 months. These are the projects I have PROMISED myself that I AM going to finish.

The first is the RX7 again. I ditched the nitrous stuff and am going to be turboing it. Nothing extremely crazy, MasterPower 70mm turbo, 10-12 psi, planning to break the block in two at some point. going with a DIY blow-thru carb setup using the hangar18 guide. Completely stock longblock, single plane hi-rise intake.

The second is my '73 Mach One. First and foremost, I am doing the floor pans and the trunk pan. I could get away with patch panels as there is only a few rough spots but I'd rather do the full length floors and be done with it. trunk pan is fine really, just dented/scraped so I figured I might as well get it done too. Also got a new, complete vehicle wiring harness, all new black interior, paint is going to be semi-gloss black for now.
    I am putting the 460/C6 in there from my fox body for the time being, an 8.8" disc rearend, very small "mini-tub", 17x9/10.5 bullets, 325's out back. haven't decided 100% on the suspension yet but I will be getting rid of the "tug boat" look and it will have a little forward rake to it.
    -_-

bump for keith
    Rob Palmer
    Rest in Peace buddy...

"I wish I could buy stuff for my car, but there's nothing else to buy...except a steering wheel." Ryan

-_- thanks for this. Hahaha

Mach one ended up being a complete basket case. Needed floors, quarters, fenders and rockers. Thing was more bonds then metal I found out. After selling everything I could, I ended up making a few grand on the deal so I wasn't too pissed. Sucked I had to scrap it but there was simply no way to justifying trying to save it.

RX7 got reassembled N/A and sold a long time ago when the ole lady and I split up.

Got a small plan for the GTI that might make it on here. Got a big project in the works but it's not getting posted until it's finished. Haha

Oh, and of course the Fiero is still around. I sold all of my stuff back in April/May, air compressor, welder, engine lifts/stands, all the random parts I collected over the years etc... everything car related I own now fits in a single stall with my fiero and space to spare. Have to admit I miss working on cars a lot but I needed a break. Incas spending way too much time and money on cars. Slowly getting back into it though, just trying to keep focus this time and stick with one or two projects.