Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new Daily... again

My new Daily... again

06 Corvette 92 Talon 04 Civic 96 Chebby

Re: My new Daily... again

sweet. subs and ironic bumper stickers and its the ideal delivery unit.

If you want to get rid of it let me know. Even if its blown up
    93 Mazda MX6 V6
    Sold

'89 Mustang
    4 cyl to v8 swap Fuel Injected
    Manual swap
    Decent Ford

96 Neon
    Sweet beater

lol I'd almost consider it now that i'm quitting my job - but I'd only get rid of it for more than I payed for it because its really nice and either way its an awesome daily-driver.

It's so base optioned I love it!
    No power steering as I originally thought it had, the manual rack just feels like power steering.
    Then again I'm also used to driving the talon (no p/s) which takes more effort than a civic without power steering.
    No power options at all. Has amazing heat, was told A/C worked great before the pulley went bad and he cut the belt.
    Stereo is meh, its all stock but perfect for me as long as I can plug in my ipod with the $12 casette adapter
    The only option I've noticed it really even has - is Cruise control which works great. Which I do really love since it'll probably see many road trips

Its a lot of fun, wish I had vtec though - i feel so robbed without having it, sometimes I just want to scream Vtec whenever I accelerate but then I remember I have no vtec

Lol yeah I want a dx hatch so I can b18a1 with a b16z6 head on it. Supposed to rev 15 grand depending on how its set up. So just looking to find a dx to do it. I had a crx but too light even with a stock b18
    93 Mazda MX6 V6
    Sold

'89 Mustang
    Manual swap
    Decent Ford

96 Neon
    Sweet beater

Uhh, too light? Don't you want it to be light?

Well this thing is a lot of fun, just a few issues to take care of to make it pretty much perfect asides from little blemishes that can't be helped.

Yeah you want it light but if you go too light either it'll never hook on the strip. Your best bet, put it on ebay. You'll more than likely double your money on the "bubble butt" bodystyle. Friend did that too his sold for 2200 and it was a little more rough but had the SI rear disc breaks on it. Just set your reserve at like 1 grand so if it goes lower you don't have to sell.
    93 Mazda MX6 V6
    Sold

'89 Mustang
    Manual swap
    Decent Ford

96 Neon
    Sweet beater

So you wanna buy it?
    lol I quit my delivery job and could use the extra money to finish the talon haha

I'm getting bout as bad as SlownSteady now :P

Sell it and get a gtp i have two gtps for sale lol
    2000 Trans Am: 160* thermo msd wires bmr driveshaft loop. high 13s in late 2013!

Update on this BEAST!

Fixing the main issues the car has, the guy said these were why he was selling it cheap

Rear brakes / clutch issues during start of drive (was just low on fluid) / CV shafts.
    Now shes really gonna be completely problem free!

Wouldn't mind finding a compressor to get A/C back either but i don't consider that an issue.

I think I may sell it after the winter and see if I can get 1-1.5k on it depending if I can find the 'right' buyer haha.
    I'd like to get something a bit nicer for once for a daily. Something comfortable with power options a/c and not so small it's wrapped around me. I'd still need it to be gas efficient and reliable so I'm thinking along the lines of a Grand Prix (not a GTP, unless I found one really cheap under 2k)

I hate the stock civic seats, they kill my back after a night of driving it. Maybe its just my back issues, I hear other people that love them. Definitely going to drive this sob through the winter though, I can't think of a better winter beater.