Thread: DRIVE TRAIN CARNAGE!

DRIVE TRAIN CARNAGE!

Re: DRIVE TRAIN CARNAGE!

what the hell happened last weekend?

Not 100% sure what happened actually, just know something in the rear end went first, started smoking for 2 laps, then caught on fire!! next thing you know it just coasted to a stop, I wasnt driving so I dont know but he said there was serious vibration before it let go, LOL Im guessing thats what killed the trans case. Just hope we can get someone to help get it back together for this weekend

Looks like a drive shaft was either the wrong size, or it was to tight on the pinion. Try Quick Performance what is they should have the gear, but you might as well come to ankeny and get a tranny from JRmotorsports.

Another thing Scott you run a crate motor with the 6200 rpm chip. If thats the case make sure all motor mounts and other stuff is tight, and the rear end is perfect. Hitting the chip send some serious shock down the drive train, and ive seen tabs broke on 3spd trannys and gear seat exploded close to that.

We already got everything back together again "almost", did up another junk yard saginaw trans and I called up sadler and they got it done yesterday. JR wants a fortune for such a simple trans and they dont do much to them anyway. Thanks for the input though I appreciate it