Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is good a making Brake lines?

Who is good a making Brake lines?

So I removed my ABS, I need some custom Brake lines made from my master cylinder to the front brakes and down to go back for the rear brakes. Its a total of maybe 12 feet all together but I need flared ends with Fittings to fit into the master. Someone that has done this a few times would be nice. Let me know!

Re: Who is good a making Brake lines?

Just get a long roll and flare both ends with the fittings thats what I did.
    well I guess the camaro is staying good project for my kid.

I have done lines many times in the past when i worked at a couple shops, I don't personally have the tools (flare tool) but if you have them I can definately bend you up some lines if you get the line and the tool.

and please don't use the fitting to flare the lines... use the tool as the flares are a double flare not just a single flare
    "U guys are a bunch of pathetic fucks Ryan your the worst" -Eddy B
    "no one gives two shits if he built it or purchased it.. or if it was purchased by his dad. you just sound like a jealous bitch. move along" -k-ville
    "I think the S4 is the best car I've ever owned" -slow ride

Jesse, you cant rent the flaring tool from auto parts stores.. Practice a few times on some scrap tubing and its pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it. Brake line is super cheap so if you mess up it dont cost you and you can take your time with it, or I would recomend talking to H+W and see if they have time to sneak it in

I talked to Eddy B, I think me and him are going to tackle it one of these weekends, i was going to do all Braded -3 line but this might even look better and be much cheaper.

If you need tools. I have the tool for double standard and ISO flares.

Like someone said you have to double flare them. I made that mistake once by single flaring them. I had to relocate my ABS block when I did my swap, and I wouldn't say it was the hardest part of the swap, but it was certainly a pain in the ass. Plan on your fingers being sore if you've got a few to do.

Nah do I got me some racheting open ended wrenches and line swivels they work wonders on brake lines. I even went all out and got me some of those brake line bending pliers. I am thinking of selling my bubble flaring tool to buy an all in one kit (it does fuel line too)

I want to see these racheting open ended wrenchs!! Are those just the wrenchs that have a goofy shaped open end on it?? I want a flaring tool btw Im sick of renting them all the time

Buy mine it's 148 new( (Josh should know the actual amount). Snap On then I have a brand new (just got it warrantied) craftsman standard and double flaring tool. If I don't get the right amount of money the get retired into my home set.