Thread: Frustration...

Frustration...

Okay so you guys know I have the Mercury but what you don't know is how little progress has been made since I bought the damn thing. Well I had toyed with the idea of keeping it and selling it and all the sort and was pretty serious about building it after buying my 306 from sLoW. I actually was wheeling and dealing on a Mustang parts car and the deal fell through and I decided I am done trying to build this fucking car! I don't have the time to build it and can't seem to get any goddamn breaks finding deals on parts (Other than the 306 of course). So on to the task at hand, I put it up for sale on Craigslist and got one guy interested but heres the dilemma, when I bought the Cougar I had a title and it was all signed over to me. I had intended on getting it running and registering it but seem to have misplaced the title. I really don't want to deal with the whole process of getting a title or trying to sell it to some moron so I have come to the conclusion that I need to part it out. I am a member of a forum devoted to these cars so I figure I can get my money out of it. I decided I'd look for something in reletively good shape and in running order and would mod as I go rather than build completely from scratch. This car has really just been a pain in my ass since I got the damn thing and I am ready to get into something new...

/vent

Re: Frustration...

I know what you mean by being frustrated with a project.

I'm still tossing around the ideas of what to do with the talon.
    Granted mine was bought running/driving although half the time now its been broken lol.

Seems like I just can't get a break, it seems I have the most abnormal things breaking on top of general things breaking. My motor mount completely falling apart on me, hitting a pothole and screwing up a ton of wires, breaking bolts here and there, pissing oil everywhere out the side of the motor somewhere in boost - thinking it was cam seals but now I'm wondering. I remember the week after I got the car home I decided to check the oil and had like, barely a drop on the dipstick - bout gave me a heart attack.

The car looks so nice and clean and when it runs it runs great.

It really drives a person nuts

06 Corvette 92 Talon 04 Civic 96 Chebby

^
    I have owned my eclipse since I was about 16. So approx. 6-7 years. I have put about 30k miles on it. Almost the whole time i've owned the car I have been pissing oil out, blowing smoke, things breaking, you name it, Ive had the problem. Broke a t-belt that had liike 15k miles on it. Idk the list goes on and on. I just got the car in my shop, replaced the turbo, rebuilt the throttle body and man was it running good. Next day, starter took a shit, to the point I had to have it towed back to my shop. Idle goes crazy, so now the ISC got replaced. Then the speedometer goes bad, narrowed it down to the cluster. Replace the cluster and now it works great. I'm just kind of wondering what will be next. But hey what can I say, when it runs, DAMN does it run good.
    Andrew Sexton
    Owner of ATS Automotive

I keep wondering when you are going to learn and buy a Chevy lol
    well I guess the camaro is staying good project for my kid.

Hey, I dd a pontiac sunfire. Good enough for ya. I've just never been one for v8's. Maybe one day, I wouldn't rule them out.
    Andrew Sexton
    Owner of ATS Automotive

I had my firebird..

And even though it had a lot wrong, it never broke down on me! I should of learned lol

06 Corvette 92 Talon 04 Civic 96 Chebby

idk if this goes county by county, but if the car is in your name you can get a duplicate title on the spot(Linn County). at least i did.
    Rob Palmer
    Rest in Peace buddy...

"I wish I could buy stuff for my car, but there's nothing else to buy...except a steering wheel." Ryan

Andrew Pontiac sunfires are only good for getting you paid on engine mounts and control arm bushings. As far as Domestic Cheese is concerned I have learned you are beyond hope. You want to sell a GM for a DSM. Raced on the weekends and fixed during the week,
    well I guess the camaro is staying good project for my kid.

To be perfectly honest I really don't mind what I get as my next project: Ford, Chevy, Tuner, etc. Whatever I end up getting as long as the thing runs and drives I can deal with the little probs. I started tearing parts off the Cougar yesterday and I can't say I felt sorry to be doing it.