Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter mods what to get?

Re: Winter mods what to get?

you would probably want to pull some timing on a 150 shot, among other things (im doing a full nitrous tune)...but im a big pussy.

Would i need bigger injectors or a fuel pump? Not too familiar with ls1s altho this is the second one i've owned. I just found a 98 z28 six speed for dirt cheap i might get this weekend not sure why i dont need another car.
    2000 Trans Am: 160* thermo msd wires bmr driveshaft loop. high 13s in late 2013!

With a dry kit, it couldn't hurt. I'd stick with a wet kit though.

A set of 243 heads with the 918 springs, cam, LS6 intake, and ported throttle body would do wonders for that car. I have seen the LS6 go from between $275 and $350. The 243 heads i have seen go from between $400 and $800. cam for those cars are what $350 to $400 and a ported stock throttle body could go for $150 to $250. Lastly a tune is i think around $400. Total amount possibly spent could be $1575 to $2200. If possible you could get larger injectors as well. Ask Fifdy about his car because what he ran was impressive considering what parts are in his engine.

he wont need the ls6 intake because his car is an 02, and it says he already has a tb, but i would also take into consideration what supporting mods you will need for the cam, to be conservative (ls6 oil pump, ls2 timing chain, pushrods, springs (NOT 918's, some people break them often, run a nice double spring or some pac beehives) etc, it all adds up quick...and i have hptuners if you can find someone to tune it for you, im not comfortable fully tuning a car yet....if i were you i would throw that zex kit on with a HSW dry interface and a microedge module along with some svo injectors and a fuel pump, just to be safe and just get it tuned, i doubt you would be disappointed....but if you want power all the time, i would do the latter...

What years and models did the LS6 intake and or 243 heads come on? I am just curious. Would you know the part number on the intake that signifies the LS6 intake as well.
    It could be useful to many people looking for that sort of stuff!

i'll look up the ls6 intake # but they came on 01 and 02 models, and those models also came with 241 heads compared to the 853's on the earlier years (although some had 241's etc) the 243/799's came only on ls2 gto's or vettes and also ls6 corvettes (the ls6 vette 243's had sodium filled valves though)...

12561184 thats the ls6 #.....they also do not have EGR provisions on top behind the tb and the bottom of them is flat and has angle cross hatches...

Moderator (Night Patrol) Domestic Disturbance's Avatar

I believe LS6 intakes came with a couple different production numbers. The 01/02 fbody, ybodies, and the SLP version. Plus 918s got revised a year or so ago, and people haven't been breaking those as far as I've seen. They were even taking trade in's from the old design. I'd still prefer double springs, but I'd prefer a bigger cam too.

Obviously your going to want basic bolt ons first, lid, headers, exhaust etc. If you start doing heads cam nitrous , and converter you are possibly nocking on the door of 10 second times if its set up right of course, but if your just looking for a few parts to make it sound good and run a tad better i dont see why you would need to get a different rear as i have seen myself the 10 bolt go 10.80s pass after pass, in deans car when the cheif owned it. Allso could check into a ported tb as there are a lot of little tricks in the book. good luck!

if you really wanna get crazy i could possibly have a fast 90 mm tb for sale if you wanted to get a fast intake!