Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter mods what to get?

Winter mods what to get?

I want to spend 1 to 2k on my 02 camaro this winter, not sure what the best things to get would be. Right now it has lid, headers, cat back, stall, and a 80mm tb.
    2000 Trans Am: 160* thermo msd wires bmr driveshaft loop. high 13s in late 2013!

Re: Winter mods what to get?

defintely a cam or nitrous kit...if you do it right you will spend about 1k on each (cheaper for the cam if you do it yourself) and a tune of course...and a WIDEBAND tune at that, done pull an uncle taylor..

do the cam yourself and add a set of gears to the list

Get a 9 inch or 12 bolt. It's out of your price range some but anything else you do will put your puny 10 bolt on borrowed time anyway.

I'd look around for a maybe a used set of heads. A cam would be easy and cheap to do also.

yeah even do both the cam and heads, i picked up my 243's for like $400....but if the rear is solid and quiet i wouldnt worry about it for a while, i cut high 1.6/low 1.7's on mine and it doesnt make a peep...its gets its fair share of spirited driving as well..autos save your ass in that department for a little while...although my trans went out before the rear did..

Moderator (Night Patrol) Domestic Disturbance's Avatar

As little fun as it sounds, I agree with Zee. Get a built rear, or even a built tranny. Both a little out of your price range though. Otherwise you could pick up a nice n20 kit too.

If a good auto a wet small shot prob is best for the $. Don't really need a tune w that. A wb would be super to borrow to make sure tune was good. 75hp jets. That will add 100 tq and make it move out. A cam is maybe 35/40hp, then you need a stall and tune.. more expensive. That's the cheapest way I figure. Prob w a stick tq is lot more w spray and violent, it breaks crap if not on the street. Either way figure tires also and some bushings. I've raced plenty of camaros and that setup w tires on the street did well.

i have a zex dry kit laying around its 75, 100, 125
    2000 Trans Am: 160* thermo msd wires bmr driveshaft loop. high 13s in late 2013!

Why are you all scared of nitrous? Put in the 150 pills and call it a day. A 75 shot wouldn't even be worth it at that point.