Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: 5/6 speed rules and signup

Re: 5/6 speed rules and signup

Jericos work well and are street friendly. Besides price $5500 for the trans and $700 for the shifter, the only complaint is they whine extremely loud due to being straight cut gears.

Those are nice trans and fairly lightweight as well.. The only problem is people are breaking those trans in lightweight low nine second cars, at least the clutchless version.. The clutch assisted version Im not too sure about but I would assume with the little extra cushion of the clutch assit version would do wonders for breakage problems

Hard to believe they are breaking a clutchless 5sp at only low 9s. Pro stock has been using them since the late 90s with few reported failures. Difference between slick car and dr car possible?

its all in the clutch, they actually rely on a little slip during gear changes to save the gears, if its set too stiff with a power adder car they get fragile apparently

I'd check w a few of those 30 mi guys. I believe only the first few gears are faceplated and rest are syncro's. They are made for those guys and apparently can hold the power in a heavy street car w/o too much noise and the popping out deal. You would think after all these yrs something would be better. I know a t56 is about like a old toploader w 2 od's. Def not the best but you could prob run 9's w a viper spec knowing you. Whatever you think..You have a good combo now.