Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/6 speed rules and signup

5/6 speed rules and signup

Well... thanks guys next time go to another place to talk, I want to get this done and hand out the trophy.

Place earlville oct. 11th sunday opens at 9 am we will run this during t&t.
    General rules....

General ideas/rules.....

1 everyone posts all major car mods(just to get an idea of whats going on, so everyone can perpare)
    2 must be at the track
    3 no handicaps..all out race
    4 must be a manual w a clutch 5 or 6 speed. No jericos or dog teeth/box transmissions.
    5 There will be one time trial for each person and his own car. After completion of time trial the person and his car would be paired with high and the low time for run off.
    (example 4 cars) john 14.0 jim 13.0 joe 12.0 jerry 11.0
    john vs jerry runoff
    jim vs joe runoff
    Theory says final would be joe vs jerry.
    6 If a odd amount of persons and their cars, then low et gets a bye run.
    7 Plated car... like no real race cars. Just a faster d/d.

The other issue is safety equipment. we're considering..... if low et and gets booted he is the winner.

The other thing is towing, we're working on that. Everybody helps out. Trophy for winner. Timeframe later mo than likely summer. Prob during the day, test and tune. I'll supply the trophy, it'll be a bragging deal and pics and video would be appreciated so it can be posted up. As you see imports are a Ok...even evo's.

Contestants so far for sure...
    30# lt's f1's w 18# boost? And 6 speeds
    apples355 monte w a built 406 solid roller pump gas 6 speed
    My turd the blue 03 Spray and pulley, bolt ons
    Trevors evo big turbo other tuning and bolt ons
    Stevo w gt 500 pulley and tune
    d/d camaro

Re: 5/6 speed rules and signup

I have the trophy already and as said before need some cameras to document the racing and winner. I expect the faster cars to be in the 11's based upon what I know about them. There is still time to sign up, it's a 50$ trophy, stands 28" tall and says 2009 5/6 speed winner. I would like to do this each yr.

This is for fun plain and simple and this way we have no autos to contend with so a drivers race as much as anything. I or anyone can post the videos cause I don't care, I've done enough street crap to know anything can happen w a daily driver so signup if interested, let the chips fall as they may. Someone will get a trophy.

I forgot to mention a guy named skipdownstairs has said he would do it also.
    '95 Eclipse GSX Garrett GT35R

Contestants so far for sure...
    30# lt's f1's w 18# boost? And 6 speeds
    apples355 monte w a built 406 solid roller pump gas 6 speed
    My turd the blue 03 Spray and pulley, bolt ons
    Trevors evo big turbo other tuning and bolt ons
    Stevo w gt 500 pulley and tune
    d/d camaro
    '95 Eclipse GSX Garrett GT35R (skipdownstairs)
    98 Tacoma S256 turbo (McKeever)
    98 Turbo Taco
    66 Studebaker Daytona
    01 Infiniti QX4
    93 F-150
    02 Corolla

One other thing I forgot a final clarification... You get booted out on the no safety equipment vs et/speed you are the fastest, but for the other contestants we continue running them off and who wins that gets the trophy.... Imo this is a daily driver race w real plated manual 5/6 speed cars not some race car. It is to simulate a all out street race at the track. Good luck to all...

we will bring "the snake" aka the 95 silver camaro
    I dont know if the the black camaro will be there.....somethings did not get done on it due to the breakages on the silver car , we will see
    I also would like to see this race put on every year.....so lets all try to put on a good show for everyone!

good luck everyone!

I mentioned this race to my buddy who has a 11 sec GTO 6spd but he said it's currently smoking and wont be out till next summer.

However he's wondering if he'd be able to race his 81 z28 - iirc it's a mid 12second car with a 350 built pretty well with nitrous.

However it's a 4speed - I told him to register here but I haven't seen him yet.

He was just wondering if he could enter being that his is a 4speed manual.

06 Corvette 92 Talon 04 Civic 96 Chebby

This a plated daily driver? I'd say ok but we need to ask the other guys also imo....

Ok what's everybody think if it is a plated daily driver? I don't want some damn race car ex stock or s/s car... w syncros cut partially out.

Not really his DD - he drove it all through spring->fall in 08 and a about a month this summer but he got his GTO in February and it hasn't seen much street time.

4speed as far as I know is just the original 4speed rebuilt once or twice.

06 Corvette 92 Talon 04 Civic 96 Chebby

its pry ok if its factory style manual transmission, I think the main idea of the race is banging gears.

heck my car is basicly a racecar, and if I dont get things dialed in very soon, i'm going to get my ass handed to me. And honestly I could care less about wining the race, I just want to have a good time with everyone, and have my car run decent again before put it away for the year! - thats what its all about!

I'm good with the 4-speed car, the more cars the better!!

Btw I got ahold of Mike of the sc club. He said great and will pass the info on to any sc t bird that's a 5 speed manual that might want to get in this w the link. 5 speed are rare I guess so he mentioned.

I tested the et streets for imbalance as one tire was way out on balance, it appears ok at 65 mph. You see a sticker w "last tire" on it beware, that's what that one had. There is 7 oz on that one. That's retarded.