Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drifting at hawkeye downs friday night

Re: Drifting at hawkeye downs friday night

i thought that friday night was a huge sucess!!! practice was the most fun i had in a while!! no serious wrecks except for a blown motor(that sucks chase you were killing the half mile!!!) and a exploded sc300 front bumper. i wished the demo could have went a little longer and yes the doughnuts did get a little hairy lol thats why i stayed out of them there were a few close calls!!! the pink sparkly s14 was insane!!! his ls1 was just and loud as some of the circle track cars!!! he was killing the half mile as well!! i will have some pics and possibly some footage up here in the next day or 2 thanks to the risky devil guys from chicago for doing the demo, i hope to have a few more demos in the works for next year!!!
    Throttle Aces Street Team

"To be in control of something that is on the virge of going out of control is a feeling only a few will ever know."

Drinkin Beers and Shifting Gears!!!!!!!!

If "NISMO" stands for Nissan Motorsports, does that mean "HOMO" stands for Honda Motorsports?

you guys put on a great show! it was fun watching the half mile drifting from right up in the staging lanes. thanks for coming out and showing off!!

which car blew a motor? Did not realize that was an ls1 in the s14! I knew it didnt sound turbo but couldnt figure out where all the power was coming from.

it was chase's white s13 hatch it happened during practice right after killing the half mile!!!! it sucks he could have been very benifical to the drift demo!!!

"To be in control of something that is on the virge of going out of control is a feeling only a few will ever know."

If "NISMO" stands for Nissan Motorsports, does that mean "HOMO" stands for Honda Motorsports?

Yeah my motor started knocking at the end of practice. Engine is totally destroyed now after getting my car home. I'll be back next year though

yeah I didnt get to watch the whole show you guys put on but the little I did watch was pretty sweet!! Drifting on the half mile definetly takes some power and some balls, that LS-1 car was getting it pretty good. I didnt have too great of a night myself but I only fell back 1 point on the championship lead so its all good.. Thanks to all who came out and fried your tires off it looked like a fun time!!

no videos?
    -_-

well scott ya can't win em' all!!! LOL JK atleast you only lost one point. yea im so happy the way things turned out and be on the look out for more demo's like that next year. this event was the first time many of the drifters there were doing 3rd gear drifts. idk about the other guys but i only looked at my speedo once during the demo and it was just seconds before entering turns 3 and 4 on the half mile and i was doing just under 80mph. and idk how it looked outside of the car but it felt like 150mph inside the car!!!! thanks for everyone that came to support our growing sport and i hope the support grows!! as for video's our camera guy is going through the video right now. all the sticky pod video is pretty much junk cause the camera shifted after like the first drift so the entire video is staring at the lights lol hopefully he will have a mini video here in the next week.