Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shell Gas Station on 16th Avenue.....

Re: Shell Gas Station on 16th Avenue.....

I go to roadranger, I was concerned the 10% alcohol in the 93 oct might screw w the car but so far all is ok.. Besides I live on other side of town now, I go to crack roadranger. They hire security now.

I always wondered about this Shell. Everyones always raving about that V-power when in all reality I think its the same as Road Rangers gas. All 3 octanes have the ethonal sticker on them just like Road Ranger and same 87, 89, and 93 octanes. I honestly bet its the same distributor, and V-power is no different than Road Rangers 93. Iowa gas sucks either way...

Moderator (Night Patrol) Domestic Disturbance's Avatar

I think shell's meets req.s that road rangers doesnt have to. I know we don't have laws on gas like other states do which lets some bad gas through, but idk who road rangers supplier is.

Some privately owned stations only change the gas prices when they refill the tanks, and base the price at the pump off of that. They only mark up the price of gas a few cents, so when gas prices drop, even just a little, they would be selling it at a loss if they adjusted the pump price.

I would doubt that a station would mix water in the gas, for one thing the water is heavier, so the gas would just float on top. There is already water in the in ground tanks, usually, so the pumps are designed to pull the gas, not the water. They would have to install a mixing system to constantly keep them mixed up. Plus as soon as you parked your car it would settle in the tank and you would have trouble getting it started again.

^ I was just going to post that. Back when gas prices went way up a couple years ago, there was one privately owned gas station in the boondocks that was selling his gas for about .60 cents lower than any other station in town. It was pretty cool, but he was just selling it at the right price for what he paid for it. His next delivery was jacked back up.