Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My new Car. (mustang)

Re: My new Car. (mustang)

I didnt even look in this thread untill now. I am sure that the GT-40 heads have a wider bolt pattern on the exhaust anyway, are your headers drilled out for 2 seperate bolt patterns? are you 100% sure they are GT-40 heads? but the 351 and 302 headers are different, I have heard "some" of the shorty unequal length headers will fit but good luck getting them to match up with a "non-custom" H or X-pipe. If you are going to put in shorty headers I would recomend unequal length ones just because they are 100x easier to install and arent much different on HP levels at all, but make sure you get the rest of the exhaust at the same time to make sure it all fits together and dont use factory junk. Stay AWAY from Ebay, 95% of that is junk from Jap land. IMO the exhaust systems are so cheap anymore for these cars there really isnt a reason to beat yourself up trying to install something thats not right for the application. Pay attention to the exhaust bolts too I was thinking that some of them go into the water jackets on these heads and the bolts need sealer on them just like certain water pump bolts.

Knoxville what 3rd member does that rearend have bolted to it??

All the gt40s should have the same exhaust bolt pattern, the rub is in the spark plug angle. Ps will have a spark plug angle that will not work with some headers.

i also thought all the head bolts on gt40s were blind? lower head bolts on late 302s hit the water jacket but didnt think exhaust bolts did?

im not 100% but i heard someone say that before on a forum. i actually redrilled the pattern on my heads and he used that as a example that it isn't the end of the world if they break into the water jacket.. maybe im thinking of the gt40p heads but i figured they were pretty close to the same

Is that Ford 9" Still Available, Im looking for a strong rear-end for my firebird. I need to get some finances together before I can really jump at one. But just wondering.
    Car: 1985 Firebird
    Engine: 355sbc
    - Specs: Edelbrock Performer RPM Top End Kit (1,500-6,500)
    - Cast Crank, Powdermetal Rods, Flat Top Hypereutecnic Pistons
    Transmission: TH350 w/ B&M 3k Stall (Built By: Fountain Transmission)
    Rear-End: GM Posi 10bolt w/ 3.23's and Radial T/A's.

1/4 Best:
    12.51 @ 109 (on street tires)
    12.99 Pass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn1VRluOsws

Jens ur gay! Haha! Everyone needs n2o! U need to get a bitchin transmission b4 u play with the go go juice!

69gt4speed is 100% correct in all descriptions of the gt40 heads! the gt40 castings were used on 96/97 explorers and mountaineers and 93-95 lightnings and use the standard plug angle (289,302,351), while gt40p heads were used on 98-01 explorers and mountaineers and have a different plug angle that require different headers.