Thread: New Grill

New Grill

Re: New Grill

very nice.

I love cooking I was tought by former governer brandstands personal chef while he was in office.

I made some kick ass steak tacos last night so much that I didn't get any seconds.

simple to make and pretty cheap $15 to feed my whole family.

I just went to hyvee and got some flank steak and marinated it for an hour in a mix of

2tbls of vegie or olive oil.
    1teaspoon of cumin
    2 tablespoons of minced garlic
    1 1/2 table spoon of lime juice
    2 table spoons of soy sauce.

You could spice it up a bit more with a un seeded jalapino But I dont like hot spicy food.

but you mix it up real good (blender)

put your 1.5lbs of flank steak in a ziplock bag and then pour the marinade on it let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour.

Then you throw on a warm grill for 4 mins a side then crank the heat all the way up and 2 mins a side.

cut agianst the grain of the meat (makes it less chewy and more melt in your mouth)

then your normal fixins like sour cream, salsa, lime juice, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and tortilla shells

takes about 20 mins to do other than letting it marinate.

Oh no matter how much is smokes DO NOT FLIP IT.

It would work better if I had a charcoal grill I would of taken the grate off and blew the dust off with a blow drier and put the meat right on the coals.

hope you try that I can give more recipes.

Well growing up I was the oldest son, no sisters so ol Rob got to cook a lot. Mom hated cooking, so stepdad and I did it. Ya I'm always looking for good food somewhere or how to make something different. I'll have to try those steak tacos. Thanks.

those steak tacos sound pretty good...i might have to try those too!
    Rob Palmer
    Rest in Peace buddy...

"I wish I could buy stuff for my car, but there's nothing else to buy...except a steering wheel." Ryan