Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think I'm going to sell the Talon.

Re: I think I'm going to sell the Talon.

ECU was rebuilt last fall when I got DSMlink. Plus if the caps were leaking I would have a hard time trying to connect to my ecu via dsmlink.

IAF Team Member

You'd be suprised, the caps leaking can cause all kind of funky things to go wrong. Stuff that you wouldn't think is possible...lol i've been there.

Well Now I have a fuel issue. I got the spark fixed.

I took off one of the coupler by the tb and sprayed some starting fluid in the car and boom started right up until it burned all the starting fluid.

I know the pump works you can hear it the injectors are brand new maybe 1k on them so I assume its the newer 1k fuel filter because I did run e85 through it and it might be clogged.

I'm just lost.

well the fuel filter wasn't in the best of shape. but still nothing. I hooked the laptop up to it and I dont get anything when I hit the fuel injectors.

what about the coolant temp sensor like trevor said. Plug you dsmlink in and log it and post it up what it says
    Buy It. Build It. Break The Hell Out Of It.

Yeah thats going to have to wait to later tonight when it stops raining or just tomorrow. this makes it a little bit easier when your unemployed trying to work on things.

now I pulled the new plugs and they are drenched. as soon as i crack the throttle it stops trying to fire.

My timing marks line up I guess I'm just retarted.

well I posted up a log on dsmtuners and someone noticed that the dead time was WAYYYY off it was at 2259 or something like that.

I put it back to normal and nothing... So I wonder I do now.

My laptop connects to dsmlink but for some reason the log screen wont show flat lines until I start it so Makes me wonder if the ecu took a dump. I will pull it tomorrow and see.

IAF Team Member

you really need to see if your coolant temp sensor is working correctly. When they go bad they tell the ecu it's really cold out and it dumps a TON of fuel in and the car will never start on it's own and will foul plugs.

If it starts with ether your coolant temp sensor is the problem. Check the wires to it as well, because half the time the wires just broken.