Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cracked Exhaust Manifold

Re: Cracked Exhaust Manifold

Yeah, I actually had been planning on the SVT Focus pump and had a member here who was going to do the install for me for $50 - but it died literally about a week before I was going to do it - and I couldn't be without my car for more than a day.

06 Corvette 92 Talon 04 Civic 96 Chebby

i think the point here is that you should get something to get you into working on cars- then you wont have to pay mechanic obscene amounts of money...

I'm slowly slowly getting there through small fixes / upgrades here and there - but still wouldn't want to tackle some of these things on my own incase of messing something up.

Next spring I should be able to get into some automotive classes at the college.

06 Corvette 92 Talon 04 Civic 96 Chebby

Kevin... guy at work just fixed his v6, they have shortys and one area it wasn't welded real good, I forget the side. Those are easy to pull off nothing like a cobra, to get it fixed/welded. New was 180 or something like that. Go to svtperformance.com there's a place which can sell you parts 10% over. Btw those shortys are made of 304 ss or 316 non magnetic, we put a rare earth mag to it wouldn't stick unlike my left thumb.

A v6 latemodel pushrod stang is the easiest thing to work on esp exhaust hdrs. Harbor freight tools will do. A lil pb blaster on the collector exh studs should do the trick. Probably reuse the gaskets. Have it welded or buy a new one. Do it cold as heads are alum. You could pm me, I have tools and would show you what to do. I also have a ford friend w tools/mig out of work he could do it.